Last month we reported about the unofficial bookings of the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 which directed towards an early launch of the bike. And now, we have got a bunch of latest spy shots of a test mule undergoing some tests on the Indian roads which kind of explains and adds weight to the unofficial bookings of the bike.
What do the spy shots tell us?
- For the Indian variant, the Svartpilen 401 would get the rear side turn signals mounted near the LED taillight and not at the license plate holder located behind the rear tyre.
- We will get mandatory saree guards, of course.
- Spoke wheels have been replaced by alloy wheels.
- Gone are the Pirellis, we suspect to see MRFs wrapped on those alloys.
- There’s an ugly rear grab rail.
As for the engine, the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 will share the same 373cc, single that powers up the 390 Duke and RC 390. However, it is very likely that the one on the Husky would be BS 6 compliant and would have similar power and torque figures – 44bhp, 37Nm.
Don’t you think that the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 looks quite production-ready in these spy shots? And that’s why we think that it is going to be launched in India very soon. Regarding the price, we wouldn’t be surprised if it carries a slightly premium price over the KTMs.