Suzuki India recently launched the new Gixxer SF 250 and Gixxer SF with a hope to regain control in the Indian market. Just after these bikes were launched, Suzuki confirmed that it is working on a naked Gixxer 250 which would be launched in the coming months. It hasn’t been a month since then and now we’ve got a couple of spy pics that reveal a few details of the Gixxer 250.
Expected Gixxer 250 features-
It’s quite clear that for the naked 250, Suzuki is going to borrow many parts and components from the faired Gixxer SF 250 but there will be specific changes to suit the character of the bike. After looking at the spy images, following features appear to be certain.
- Single tube-type handlebar
- Knuckle guards
- Upright riding position
- Fully digital instrument console borrowed from the Gixxer SF 250
- Dual colour – there’s a silver stripe going through the centre of the fuel tank that appears to be black
- Body-coloured front mudguard
- Rim stripes for added visual appeal
- Same braking setup with ABS as on the Gixxer SF 250
- Since there is no fairing, Suzuki would add an underbelly engine guard/cover
- New tank scoops with Gixxer 250 logo
We still don’t know how the front and rear of the Gixxer 250 would look like. Earlier it was being speculated that Suzuki will draw inspiration from the GSX-S125 that’s being sold in international markets. But now we can’t comment on it.
It wouldn’t be long when the whole bike will be out in the open. The Gixxer SF 250 is priced at Rs 1.71 lakh. So its naked sibling should be priced similarly. Are you waiting for the Gixxer 250?
[…] After the launch of the Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP edition, Suzuki’s next launch in the country would be its naked version, the Gixxer 250. […]
[…] sooner than you’re expecting. Once the Gixxer 155 is launched, then it would be the more powerful Gixxer 250 in the line for the next […]