Last week we reported about Ducati India’s intentions with its latest 2019 Hypermotard 950 for our market. And now, it says that you can have it at Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India). Bookings for this new bike are now being accepted by all Ducati India dealerships and the deliveries are expected to commence soon.
The Hypermotard has always been a unique motorcycle, especially in India. In fact, the 939 has almost sold out in the country. Considering the high demand, Ducati made the right choice by launching the new Hypermotard 950 in India.
The new 950 is similar to the 939 in many aspects. However, there are certain changes which makes it a better bike to have. Following are the main changes.
- LED daytime running lights
- Wider handlebar
- Slimmer sides
- New seat
- New lighter frame
- New rims
- New brake rotors with aluminium flanges
- Lightweight Marzocchi forks with aluminium fork bodies/tubes
- Updated electronics package – Bosch six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU), Bosch Cornering ABS with the Slide by Brake function (with setting 1), Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO), Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO and Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) Up and Down EVO (available as an accessory)
- Internal changes in the engine – a higher compression ratio of 13.3:1 resulting in an increase in power by 4hp and torque by 1Nm, 80% of the torque is produced at 3000 revs, new exhaust valve timing, a 53mm throttle body, a new injection control unit
- New hydraulic clutch
- New under-seat exhaust
With all these new implementations, the 2019 Hypermotard 950 features better performance and handling. It is also 4kg lighter than the 939. Yes, it is Rs 82,000 dearer than the 939, but for that extra cash, you’d be getting a handful of new features which are definitely worth it. Don’t forget to ping us if you buy one!