Certainly, the nationwide lock down due to pandemic has delayed the launch of many new products including many two-wheelers. Many motorbikes were scheduled to be launched during March – April 2020, but the pandemic has created a disaster and ruined the financial system of the entire world. Same as other major industries, the Automobile industry has also seen side effects of this deadly virus. Most of the production plants were almost shut and only now slowly reviving.
However, there is still some good news for people who want to purchase a two-wheeler. Right after the lock down there have been many launches already with many more coming up. Those who are interested in purchasing a two-wheeler or bike after lockdown should as well consider getting bike insurance along with the bike. A bike insurance policy is important not only for the safety of your vehicle but for the safety of others on road as well.
A long-term bike insurance policy has as well become mandatory for vehicles that are sold after 01st September 2018 as per the law of the Supreme Court. Therefore, it will also be good for you to get this type of insurance policy along with your bike insurance plan. There are many advantages associated with a vehicle insurance policy.
Therefore, it is essential to make the selection of the right type of two-wheeler as well as its insurance. Many two-wheelers are launched after the lock down. Here is the list of some of the top bikes that are launched after the lock down:
- TVS Jupiter Grande BS6: TVS Motor Company has launched the TVS Jupiter Grande BS6 model post lockdown. It is the first 110cc scooter in the Indian two-wheeler market. This bike has a Bluetooth-enabled instrument console. The SmartXConnect Bluetooth of TVS works with the app of smartphone and provides features like text and call notifications, helmet reminder, alert for over speeding, and many more. This scooter comes with diamond-cut alloy wheels and a full LED headlight. For better looks, the Jupiter Grand has chrome highlights on the review mirror and front fender housing.
- Honda Grazia BS6: The Honda Grazia BS6 is finally launched in India. This 125cc scooter comes in two variants – Deluxe and Standard. This bike comes with a bundle of new features. It has a split position LED lamp that is integrated inside the handlebar cowl, the same as that we have seen in Honda Dio BS6. The bodywork of Hinda Grazia is in a way that it gives this scooter a sporty look. The digital instrument cluster of this bike is also revised and it now shows useful information like average fuel efficiency, distance to empty, real-time efficiency of fuel, clock, three-step eco indicator, and indicator for service due.
- Hero Xtreme 160R: This bike is launched in June 2020 in two variants – Double Disk (rear and front) with Single Channel ABS and Front Disc having Single Channel ABS. Hero Xtreme 160R bike has 160cc air-cooled engine. The BS6 compliant engine is powered by XSens technology and has advanced programmed fuel injection. The bike seven-step adjustable mono-shock rear suspension setup that is suitable for urban agility and provides a smooth ride.
- Hero Impulse 200T BS6: This bike was about to launch in July – end or August 2020 but now it will be launched in November 2020. This motorcycle has Hero XPulse 200’s 200cc oil cooler and air-cooled engine. It has a telescopic front fork, disc brake, rear mono-shock, and single-channel ABS. The bike has a tall windscreen and luggage rack for complementing its touring capabilities.
- Hero Xtreme 200T BS6: This bike is expected to be launched in India in November 2020. Xtreme 200T is powered by a 199.6cc air-cooled and single-cylinder engine. This bike is loaded with features like LED taillight, LED headlamp, completely digital instrument console that has an indicator for gear positioning and Bluetooth enabled call alerts indicator with turn-by-turn navigation.
- Benelli Imperiale 400 BS6: When the lockdown was declared in the country, there was no news for the launch of Benelli compliant bikes launch in India. However, after some time, the reports say that Benelli Imperiale 400 BS6 is going to be the first BS6 bike to be launched from Benelli. As per the last reports this bike came in the showrooms in April 2020. The bike has a 373.5cc single-cylinder, air-cooled, four strokes, and SOHC engine that has electronic fuel injection.
- 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS: Triumph Street Triple RS is a top-end bike in the range of roadside bikes of the company. In its latest version, this bike has incorporated many cosmetic tweaks and has an improved engine that is now BS6 compliant. This bike was supposed to be launched in March 2020, but due to the lockdown, the company has delayed it. The design of Street Triple RS is not much different than its predecessors, but it has some new features as well. These features are – sleeker bug-eyed cluster for LED headlamp that has LED DRL signature, an exhaust system that is restyled, flyscreen that is redesigned along with RS badging, side panels, under-cowl that is new, and rear-view mirrors.
Wrapping It Up!
These are some of the bikes that were not launched as per their schedule due to nationwide coronavirus lockdown. However, if you are planning to purchase any of these new bikes then do not forget to buy a bike insurance policy as it is the best help that you can get in case your bike encounters damage or theft. Even though third-party insurance is made mandatory by the motor vehicle act, however, it is suggested to opt for a comprehensive bike insurance policy as it provides coverage for the owner-vehicle and the rider as well.