You and I have been waiting for the KTM 390 Adventure for a really, really long time. And finally, at the EICMA 2019, KTM made the bike official and showcased to the public for the very first time. And just like you, we, too, were super excited about it and started counting the days until its launch.
Talking about the launch, it was confirmed by KTM India even before the EICMA that the 390 Adventure will be launched in India at the India Bike Week (IBW) 2019 which is scheduled to take place in December.
Well, there’s still time for that to happen. And if reports are to be believed, some KTM dealers have started accepting unofficial bookings of the 390 Adventure. It is being said that the booking amount would vary from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 depending on the dealership and it would be fully refundable.
We don’t know how true is that but considering the hype that the 390 Adventure has created in all these months with its spy shots, speculated specs and whatnot, we wouldn’t be surprised to see people actually going ahead and making these so-called unofficial bookings. Regarding the actual price of the 390 Adventure, it is being anticipated that it would fall somewhere in the range of Rs 3.2-3.5 lakh (ex-showroom) and its deliveries would commence in January 2020.
How many of you would be doing this? Let us know in the comments.
While the KTM 390 Adventure is getting all the limelight, we don’t see any news regarding any kind of unofficial bookings of its younger sibling, the 250 Adventure. Why so?
KTM 390 Adventure key specs-
- 44 HP @ 9000 RPM
- 37 NM @ 7000 RPM
- 373.2 cc ride by wire engine BS6 ready
- 15W50 engine oil
- Has slipper clutch
- One level of traction control
- Adjustable windscreen
- Off-road footpegs with removable rubber inserts
- Front forks are adjustable
- Front suspension travel – 170 mm with 43 mm USD forks
- Rear suspension travel – 177 mm
- Switchable Dual Channel ABS
- Ground clerance – 200 mm
- Seight height – 855 mm
- Dry weight – 158 kg – without fuel
- Tank capacity – 14.5 L
- Two colour options – White and Orange
- Look to have 2 seat options (might be official accessory)
- 19 inch alloy wheel at front with 100/90 tyre
- 17 inch alloy wheel at rear with 130/80 tyre