- Honda BigWing portfolio to nearly double from current 7 to 13 Fun models next fiscal!
- To inject fun of riding in existing and new segments
- Expect 5 Brand New Fun models for India
- All existing 7 fun models ranging from 300cc to 1800cc to get practically brand new with global updates
- With new focus on ‘Make in India for the World’, Honda to foray into mass production of select big bikes from India, from its current CKD / CBU operations
- Honda’s Silver wing mark to expand aggressively pan India from 23 to 75 cities
In just 6 months of establishing its new premium big bike business vertical-Description: Honda BigWing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. just announced that they have very aggressive plans for India.
Elaborating on Honda’s fun biking focus, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Globally Honda has a strong legacy of fun riding – be it for fun urban riding, super-sport racing, luxurious touring or even off-roading. Starting April’19, Honda spearheaded its new premium bike business identity under Silver Wing-Mark branded as -Description: Honda BigWing.
Honda will unleash Phase II of its premium business vertical in the new BS-VI era. Customers can expect double the fun with 13 iconic global models including 5 brand new models. This will be supported by exclusive Description: Honda BigWing network for sales and service in 75 cities.”
Its great news for us here in India as we can see models like the CBR300R or the bigger 500 series come in, while bikes like the CB300R could be made locally and even the CBR150R could make a return.
Honda unveiled its 2020 European line up at the EICMA 2019 with 3 of the total products unveiled to soon come to India.
- 1 – CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP
For 2020, Honda starts a new chapter in the Fireblade’s illustrious history with a new machine that is ‘Born to Race’. Heavily inspired by the RC213V MotoGP machine and its street legal RC213V-S counterpart, the 2020 CBR1000RR-R Fireblade is powered by the most powerful inline four-cylinder engine that Honda has ever made. The CBR1000RR-R will also be available in an SP variant.
- 2 – CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Powered by a lighter more powerful 1100cc parallel twin engine – increasing both power and torque – the Africa Twin uses a lighter, narrower frame, improving both agility and comfort. The CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports stands apart, coming fully equipped for the long haul with a five-stage adjustable screen, three stage cornering lights, tubeless tyres and a 24.8L tank.
- 3 – CB1000R
Honda’s flagship Neo Sports Café naked machine – CB1000R – combines classic lines with a modern feel and exhilarating performance. Since its introduction, it has inspired a wide range of customisations, and for 2020, subtle cosmetic changes further enhance its premium look and commanding road presence.