Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd., today announced the launch of FAZER FI Version 2.0. The new FAZER FI Version 2.0 mounted with a newly designed air-cooled 149cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder fuel-injected engine on a lightweight frame to realize the product concept of a “Sharpened & Power-packed New FZ.” Fazer is known for its edgy, sporty look and high performance. The company had recently launched the new variants under the FZ series – FZ Version 2.0 and FZ-S Version 2.0. With the addition of new FAZER FI Version 2.0 targeted at young men between the ages of 18-30, the company hopes to see a steep growth in the customer base in the deluxe segment, especially keeping in mind the mileage conscious target audience.
The FAZER bikes are renowned for their edgy, sporty look and high performance. It gets its DNA from the global Fazer series known for their sports touring and awesome looks. It has a “Look-at-me” appeal with the triple macho design concept giving it a concentrated form with excellent ergonomics. Its tagline ‘Open your heart to the touring spirit’ is apt with its comfortable riding position and seat the rider can enjoy a week end getaway or head off on a touring holiday. The all new Fazer FI features further improvement with Yamaha’s New Generation Engine Development Ideal – ‘Blue Core’ featuring improved performance in all areas, including fuel efficiency, acceleration and environmental friendliness. Its key features include
- (1) New engine offering class-leading acceleration with 14% improvement in fuel economy
- (2) Fuel injection and light weight (lightest in 150cc class) to enhance engine performance
- (3) Newly Designed Tandem Seat & Grab bar for good rider comfort
- (4) Multi-function instrument panel featuring an “ECO Indicator” that lights up when the machine is ridden in an eco-friendly manner
- (5) New front and rear suspension settings
- (6) New Chassis-related changes for a light, agile ride
- (7) New Front and Rear tires for improved handling stability.
- Colour options: Red Dawn, Black hawk and White cloud
- Yamaha Fazer FI V2.0 price – Rs. 83,850 /-(Ex-showroom Delhi)
Mr Roy Kurian, Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales
“We realize the ever changing requirements and preferences for our Indian motorcycle users. A new segment of young people in cities not only use motorcycle for commuting but also as a lifestyle statement. When it comes to the deluxe segment especially, a motorcycle is chosen to reflect attitude, personality and style. Also, touring as a youth culture is evolving in India. With the development of modern highways and increasing popularity of motorcycle tourism, the interest in motorcycles suited for touring is certainly expected to increase. Acknowledging these dynamics, we have introduced our new offering Fazer FI Version 2.0 particularly keeping the spirit of touring in mind, combining both fun & economy for the customers to ride free in the open blue sky. Our FZ FI and FZ-S FI version 2.0 introduced in June’14, have been getting tremendous response and we are confident even the Fazer FI with our latest technology, ‘Blue Core’, will be heartily welcomed”.