Yamaha India today launched 2 new models to the very successful FZ Series. The new models Yamaha FZ Version 2.0 and Yamaha FZ-S Version 2.0 are mounted with a newly designed air-cooled 149cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder fuel-injected engine on a lightweight frame to realize the product concept of a “Sharpened & Power-packed New FZ.” The eagerly-anticipated launch took place today at J W Marriott Hotel, New Delhi as Bollywood heartthrob John Abraham unveiled the new models to public applause and delight. The new FZ Version 2.0 and FZ-S Version 2.0 will be available in the market beginning July 2014 at a price of 76,250/- for the FZ 2.0 version and at a price of 78,250/- for the FZ-S version. Colour options for the new Yamaha FZ 2.0 are Panther Black & Scorching Red and for the new Yamaha FZ-S 2.0 are Astral Blue, Moonwalk White, Cyber Green & Molten Orange.
The FZ Series motorcycles were first introduced in 2008 and went on to win a following primarily among trend-conscious young men. The features that make the FZ models so popular are its outstanding acceleration in city riding and its distinctive styling and design.
Building on the reputation, the new FZ Series models have been newly developed with Yamaha’s New Generation Engine Development Ideal — ‘Blue Core’ featuring improved performance in all areas, including fuel efficiency, acceleration and environmental friendliness.
Its key features include:
- 1. New engine offering class-leading acceleration with 14% improvement in fuel economy and compliant with BS IV emission standards.
- 2. Fuel injection and light weight (lightest in 150cc class) to enhance engine performance.
- 3. Newly Designed Tandem Seat & Grab bar for good rider comfort.
- 4. Multi-function instrument panel featuring an “ECO Indicator” that lights up when the machine is ridden in an eco-friendly manner.
- 5. New front and rear suspension settings.
- 6. New Chassis-related changes for a light, agile ride.
- 7. New Front and Rear tires for improved handling stability.
The new FZ models possess a design that reflects Yamaha’s philosophy of ‘Refined Dynamism’ that is meant to captivate users and help create vibrant lifestyles through unparalleled beauty and dynamism. There were individual colouring concepts set for the FZ and FZ-S. For the FZ, the colours were chosen based upon the concept of ‘Simple, Stylish and Sporty’. The colouring concept for the FZ-S was ‘Street, Cyber and Sporty’, designed to project a high-tech image by creating an effect that makes it seem as if the body is emitting sharp fluorescent light.
Mr Masaki Asano, Managing Director, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd
“The FZ series has been a stellar performer ever since its launch in 2008. With the introduction of the new FZ and FZ-S armed with the next generation ‘Blue Core’ engine concept the new models are bound to offer a power-packed performance with improved fuel efficiency. ‘Blue Core’ is a development ideal for new-generation engines that take riding enjoyment, fuel efficiency and environmental performance to levels that have never been reached before. Moreover, the sporty look and aggressive styling of the New FZ models will surely appeal to today’s assertive generation.”
Mr. Roy Kurian, Vice President, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd
“We have a strong presence in the 150cc deluxe segment with customised focus on high performance, supreme technology and exquisite styling. With these new model introductions we certainly hope to strengthen our foothold in the segment. In the Deluxe segment, we currently command around 16.2% market share in India.”
New Yamaha FZ/ FZ-S specifications/ colours, mileage and price
- Model name – FZ-S / FZ 2.0 – FI
- Overall length – 1,990mm
- Overall width – 770mm
- Overall height – 1,050mm
- Seat height – 790mm
- Wheelbase – 1,330mm
- Minimum ground clearance – 160mm
- Weight – Wet (with oil and a full fuel tank) – 132 kg
- Minimum turning radius – 2.6m
- Engine type – Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Cylinder arrangement – Single cylinder
- Displacement – 149 cm3
- Bore & stroke – 57.3 Ã— 57.9mm
- Compression ratio – 9.5 : 1
- Maximum horse power – 9.7 kW (13.1PS)/8000 RPM
- Maximum torque – 12.8 Nm ( 1.3 kgfï½¥m)/6000 RPM
- Starting system type – Electric
- Lubrication system – Force-feed lubrication,wet sump
- Engine oil capacity – 1.2L
- Fuel tank capacity – 12L
- Fuel supply – Fuel injection
- Ignition system type – TCI(Transistor controlled ignition)
- Spark plug model – CPR8EA-9
- Battery voltage/capacity – 12V,4.0AH(10H)
- Final drive – Chain
- Primary reduction ratio – 3.409 (75/22)
- Secondary reduction ratio – 2.929 (41/14)
- Clutch type – Wet, multiple-disc
- Transmission type – Constant mesh 5-speed
- Gear ratio – 1st gear 2.714 (38/14)
- Gear ratio – 2nd gear 1.789 (34/19)
- Gear ratio – 3rd gear 1.318 (29/22)
- Gear ratio – 4th gear 1.045 (23/22)
- Gear ratio – 5th gear 0.875 (21/24)
- Chassis – Frame type Diamond
- Caster angle – 25°
- Trail – 101mm
- Tire size (Front) – 100/80-17M/C (52P) NYLOGRIP ZAPPER-FX Tubeless
- Tire size (Rear) – 140/60-R17M/C (63P) RevZ-Y Tubeless
- Brake type (Front) – Hydraulic disc brake
- Brake type (Rear) – Mechanical leading trailing shoe brakeï¼ˆDrum brakeï¼‰
- Diameter of brake disk (Front) – 267 mm
- Wheel travel (Front) – 130mm
- Wheel travel (Rear) – 120mm
- Headlight – 12V, 35/35WÃ—1
- Auxiliary light – 12V, 5WÃ—1
- Brake/tail light – 12V, 21/5WÃ—1
- Turn signal light (Front) – 12V, 10WÃ—2
- Turn signal light (Rear) – 12V, 10WÃ—2
- Expected New Yamaha FZ / FZ-S 2.0 mileage – 40 kmpl
- New Yamaha FZ 2.0 colours – Panther Black & Scorching Red
- New Yamaha FZ-S 2.0 colours – Astral Blue, Moonwalk White, Cyber Green & Molten Orange
- New Yamaha FZ 2.0 price – 76,250/-
- New Yamaha FZ-S 2.0 price – 78,250/-