Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), the only Honda in Indian 2 wheeler industry, recorded its highest ever sales in its 13 years of Indian operations. In July,2013 Honda recorded overall two wheeler sales of 287, 177 units with growth of 20% in July 13 (Y-o-Y) . In July 2013, the company sold 287,177 units as against 252,114 units in July 2012. The company recorded motorcycle sales of 147,635 units and Scooter sales of 139,542 units in July,2013.
- HMSI achieves EVER HIGHEST SALES: With 20% overall growth (YoY), HMSI total sale is 2,87,177, units in July’13.
- Motorcycle growth is 35 %(led by demand for Dream Series, HMSI motorcycle sales cross scooter sales for the FIRST TIME).
- Scooter growth is 8%.
- HMSI gains 2nd position overall for the FIRST TIME (Domestic+ Export).
- HMSI domestic market share is 24%.
- Third Factory: The second line of first phase has started rolling the Activa in Narsapura, Karnataka.
Mr. Y S Guleria – VP Sales & Marketing
“Today Honda created a new chapter in its Indian operations with three new records, in July 13, Honda have achieved highest ever sales, highest domestic market share of 24 % and also became 2nd largest player in domestic and export sales in two wheeler industry. This is largely attributed to the overwhelming demand for Dream series and the increase in production with start of 2nd production line at the third factory in Narsarpura, Karnataka.”