BMW Motorrad is all set to launch the Husqvarna Nuda 900R and the Nuda 900 in India. The folks at Husqvarna make some of the most radical looking production bikes. The bikes in question here the Husqvarna Nuda 900R and the Nuda 900 are powered by a 898cc parallel-twin engine from their colleagues at BMW. The styling is dramatic, angular and lean, with plenty of pleasing details such as the matt grey engine covers and fire red valve cover, although the colour choice is limited, the 900R will come only in Red and Black.
Power is a claimed 103hp but the most useful figure (and noticeable) is the 100Nm of torque which provides the real character of this engine. The front mudguard has most certainly one of the most distinctive designs that we have ever seen. The 48mm Sachs forks have a whopping 210mm of travel, a very good balance between slow-riding comfort and performance riding. The twin Brembo set up offers a lot single-finger power with heaps of feel and feedback. Stock tyres are the Metzeler Sportecs for this 174kg bike.
The real distinction between the two models is the differences in components between the two bikes. The Nuda 900R will come with Brembo monobloc racing brakes, mated with 320mm discs. Meanwhile, the Nuda 900 will come with lower-spec Brembo four-piston radial calipers and 320mm discs for its braking needs. For suspension, the Nuda 900R will get 48mm Sachs forks that are fully adjustable, which will then be paired with a Ã–hlins shock with fully-adjustable compression, rebound, and preload adjustment, as well as a ride-height adjustor. The longer suspension will also raise the Nuda 900R’s overall ride height, as well as the bike’s center of gravity.
According to Husqvarna, the shorter base-model Nuda 900 is better suited to urban duty, and features similar 48mm Sachs forks, which are only preload adjustable. A fully-adjustable Sachs shock will fill-in for rear suspension duties, helping the Husqvarna Nuda 900 seat sit 860mm (33.8â€³) off the ground, compared to the Nuda 900R’s 875mm (34.5â€³).
Now BMW Motorrad India have not yet announced the prices, and the Husqvarna Nuda being a CBU will definitely not help in keeping the prices low. Then again considering its minimalistic design, expect a sub 15L price tag. We will update the price here as soon as it is officially launched and in the mean while check out the bike in detail at the exclusive Husqvarna Nuda 900 parts gallery.
Husqvarna Nuda 900R specifications
- Engine Type: Water cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore / Stroke: 84 mm x 81 mm
- Capacity: 898 cc
- Rated output 77 kW (105 hp) at 8,500 rpm
- Max torque: 100 Nm at 7,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU3
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)
- Alternator: 390 W 12V
- Battery: 14 Ah, maintenance free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in the rear hub
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis main frame and rear frame, removable passenger foot pegs
- Suspension Travel: Front – 210 mm / Rear – 180 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,495 mm
- Steering head angle 65.5°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium wheel
- Rim front: 3.5″x17″
- Rim rear: 5.5″x17″
- Tyres front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tyres rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Front Brakes: Brembo system: double floating discs, 320 mm. 4 – piston monoblock radial calipers with sintered pads
- Rear Brakes: Brembo system, single disc, 265 mm with floating caliper
- Seat height: Unladen weight 875 – 895 mm (adjustable rear shock length)
- Unladen weight: Road ready – fully fuel 195 kg
- Dry weight: 174 kg
- Permitted total weight: 391 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 196 kg
- Usable tank volume: 13 l
- Reserve approx: 3 l
- Length: 2,190 mm
- Height (not inc. mirrors): 1,225 – 1,245 mm
- Width (inc. mirrors): 895 mm
About Husqvarna Motorcycles
Husqvarna Motorcycles has Swedish origins and has over one hundred years history in motorcycle manufacturing. As with many motorcycle manufacturers, Husqvarna first began producing bicycles in the late 19th century. In 1987, the Husqvarna motorcycle division was sold to Italian motorcycle group Cagiva and became part of MV Agusta Motor S.p.A. and production commenced in Varese, Italy. In the final months of 2007, Husqvarna Motorcycles was acquired by the prestigious BMW Group which has many modern production sites all over the world. All development, production, design, sales and marketing activities are centralized in Husqvarna Motorcycles’ worldwide headquarters in Varese, Italy, which is one of the numerous cutting-edge BMW Group manufacturing facilities.
The current range of Husqvarna Motorcycles, produced in Varese, can count on a broad diversification of models in Street, Enduro, Motocross, Supermoto and Dual Purpose categories, with 2 and 4 stroke engines. The synergy with BMW allows Husqvarna to develop new models as well as new vanguard engines which give other victories in the competitions.
Download high resolution photographs here: Husqvarna Nuda 900R pack