Changes on the 2012 Dorsoduro 1200, which was first shown at the EICMA in Milan last year, include new three-spoke wheels that are 2.3 kilos lighter than five-spoke hoops used on the old bike, revised suspension settings and revised traction control settings that work in conjunction with the selected riding mode (rain, touring, sport). The bike also gets new colour schemes and a new front fender and is 3kg lighter than the old 1200.
2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: Tech specs
- 90° 1200cc fuel-injected V2 engine with 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, liquid cooling and twin spark ignition
- Triple map ride by wire technology (with Sport, Touring and Rain maps)
- Hydraulically operated clutch
- Light modular frame made from tubular steel trellis/aluminium castings offering outstanding torsional stiffness
- Aluminium swingarm with lateral shock absorber
- Sachs fully adjustable 43mm upside-down front fork and piggy-back design rear gas monoshock
- Brembo racing brake system with radial calipers
- New lightweight three split-spoke 17-inch wheels, 120/70 (front) and 180/55 (rear) tubeless tyres
- 15-litre fuel tank
- New 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel exhaust system
- Mixed type (digital/analogue) Matrix instrument panel connected to CAN line, with memory, integral part of the bike’s self-diagnosis system
For more photographs visit the 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro gallery.