With the new BMW CE 04, BMW Motorrad continues to consistently pursue its electromobility strategy for urban conditions. With its electric drive, forward-looking design and innovative connectivity solutions, the new scooter merges transport and communication functions for a new brand of mobility in the urban environment.
With a maximum output of 31 kW (42 hp), the new BMW CE 04 has a powerful motor. For the classic “traffic light start” discipline from 0 to 50 km/h, it takes just fast 2.6 seconds. Even in the reduced output L3e-A1 vehicle class, 23 kW (31 hp) drive power is available. The maximum speed of both versions is 120 km/h – for speedy progress not just in the city but on main roads and motorway sections, too.
The new BMW CE 04 has an ample battery cell capacity of 60.6 Ah (8.9 kWh), providing a range of some 130 kilometres (reduced output version: 100 km). This enables day-to-day emission-free riding in the city, in an urban setting and for smaller-scale fun tours after work or at the weekend – with complete peace of mind. The BMW CE 04 features three riding modes “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” as standard. The additional “Dynamic” riding mode is also available as an ex works option, enabling the scooter to accelerate at an even swifter pace.
The new BMW CE 04 has a permanent magnet electric motor mounted in the frame between the battery and the rear wheel, as used in a similar form in BMW cars such as the 225xe Active Tourer.
The lithium-ion battery is charged using the integrated charging device either at a regular household socket, a wallbox or a public charging station. When the battery is completely flat, charging time ideally lasts 4 hours and 20 minutes. With the quick charger available as an optional extra with an output of up to 6.9 kW (2.3 kW is the standard level), charging time is reduced to just 1 hour and 40 minutes when the battery is completely flat. If the battery level is only 20 per cent and the battery is charged to 80 per cent, the charging time is reduced to just 45 minutes with the optional quick charger. Depending on the market, the standard charging cable with a charging capacity of 2.3 kW comes as standard with the BMW CE 04.
At the front, a twin disc brake ensures secure deceleration, supported by a single-disc system at the rear. In addition, BMW Motorrad ABS ensures a high level of active safety. ABS Pro, available as an optional extra, goes even further: By means of a banking sensor, ABS Pro also controls braking on bends, thereby offering the greatest possible safety.
Key highlights of the new BMW CE 04
- Rated output 15 kW (20 hp). Maximum output 31 kW (42 hp).
- Reduced output version: 11 kW (15 hp) or 23 kW (31 hp).
- Ample cell capacity in the battery of 60.6 Ah (8.9 kWh).
- Range of approximately 130 kilometres (reduced output version: 100 km).
- Short charging times and charging technology based on the system used in cars.
- Increased riding stability due to slip control by means of ASC (Automatic Stability Control). DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) as an ex works option.
- Three riding modes “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” for efficient, day-to-day use as standard. “Dynamic” riding mode for further enhanced riding pleasure as an ex works option.
- Directionally stable suspension with one-piece tubular steel main frame.
- Powerful braking system with ABS. ABS Pro with banking capability as an ex-works option.
- 10.25-inch TFT colour screen with integrated map navigation and extensive connectivity as standard.
- Powerful LED lighting units all round. Adaptive Headlight Pro and light functions as ex works options.
- Storage compartments at the side and front. The side helmet compartment can now be operated while seated.
- Actively ventilated mobile phone charging compartment with USB-C charging port.
- Future-oriented design and colour scheme.
- Extensive range of optional extras and original BMW Motorrad Accessories as well as rider equipment.