The switchable ABS now gets assisted by a bigger 320 mm disc at the front. The front brake lever is now adjustable but the clutch lever remain the same. The mirrors also are now bigger and better with a slightly new design on how they operate. Photographs also show a missing headlight switch, but even earlier the EU region had DRL’s while the Indian version got the off switch. The engine remains the same and still produces a good 44 HP @ 9500 RPM and 35 Nm of torque @ 7250 RPM. We expected the 2016 KTM RC390 to be slightly heavier with the new side slung aluminium exhaust, but KTM say that the weight remains at the 147 kg dry weight mark. The passenger seat also is thicker by about 12 mm for a more comfortable ride for the pillion.
Now, for sure this has to come to India by next year, expect a premium of about 10,000 INR over the current model.
2016 KTM RC390 changes
- EURO 4 emission regulation compliant
- New Aluminium side slung exhaust slip-on
- Fairing bottom tip modified – made narrower
- Power Assist Slipper clutch – PASC
- Vapor recovery system of the integrated fuel tank
- New mirrors – broader
- Adjustable brake levers
- New passenger seat, thicker by 12 mm
- Front brake disc now 320 mm