For 2021 the Triumph Speed Twin brings an evolution in every dimension, from power and performance, to handling, technology and style – making it the perfect combination of character, style and genuine sport performance.
Significantly updated for 2021, the Speed Twin’s characterful 1200cc High Power Bonneville twin engine now has even higher performance, as well as lower emissions, making it fully Euro 5 compliant. The engine now delivers 3 PS more peak power with 100 PS at 7,250 rpm, plus more power in the mid-range than the previous generation.
Alongside the incredibly strong and linear power delivery, the 2021 Speed Twin also has a fuller torque curve, with peak torque of 112 Nm arriving more than 500 rpm lower down the rev range compared to the previous generation.
The responsiveness of the Speed Twin engine has also been enhanced, thanks to a 17% reduction in inertia obtained via a new lightweight crankshaft and alternator. These enable the engine to spin up faster than the previous generation, and rev harder for longer, with a red line now 500 rpm higher than before. In addition, new high compression pistons, revised ports and a new cam profile complete the list of performance enhancements.
The distinctive sound of the Bonneville Twin is amplified by the new brushed stainless steel megaphone twin upswept sports silencers, that have been carefully crafted for a deep, throaty roar to match the Speed Twin’s legendary name. The innovative and uninterrupted exhaust header run cleverly conceals the catalyst box, delivering the characteristic clean-line “straight-run” design.
As with all of the models in Triumph’s Modern Classic range, the cost of ownership is kept low thanks to the high first major service interval of 10,000 miles / 16,000 kilometres.
Performance updates for 2021
- 3 PS more peak power, now 100 PS at 7,250 rpm
- More mid-range power and torque
- Peak torque now lower down the rev range, with 112 Nm at 4,250 rpm
- More responsive with a 17% reduction in inertia
- Lower emissions and fully Euro 5 compliant
- High 10,000 mile / 16,000 km first major service interval
- Even more precise, agile and dynamic modern roadster ride
- New higher specification Marzocchi USD forks with cartridge damping
- New higher specification Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers
- New higher specification Metzeler Racetec RR tyres
- New lightweight cast aluminium wheels
- Comfortable, engaged riding position for a confidence-inspiring, intuitive feel
- Upgraded riding modes – Road, Rain and Sport
- High specification of standard equipment:
o ABS and switchable traction control
o LED lighting with DRL headlight (market specific)
o Torque-assist clutch
o Under-seat USB charging socket
- New stylish 12-spoke wheels
- New brushed stainless-steel twin upswept silencers
- New anodised headlight and mudguard mounts
- New distinctive tank graphics
- Three contemporary colour schemes