The all-new higher capacity and higher performance 900 cc engine on the new Triumph Tiger 900 is now fully Euro 5 compliant, and has a new unique 1,3,2 firing order for greater character and feel. The result is improved intake noise under load, more feedback from the engine to the rider, an incredibly distinctive engine sound, and improved tractability and throttle feel, pulling harder, lower down. The result of that is a much closer association to the throttle character, sound and feel of a twin lower down, whilst maintaining all the torque, feel and delivery in the mid-range and top-end of a triple.
The new engine delivers a massive 10% more peak torque than the previous Tiger 800 models, now 87 Nm at 7,250 rpm, with improved torque low down and across the rev range. Power is also up across the entire rev range, with 9% more in the mid-range, and 95 PS peak power at 8,750 rpm.
An all-new twin radiator set up is mass optimised with a reduced coolant volume. This improves cooling performance, and reduces the ambient heat felt by the rider. The new radiator style enhances the new models’ more striking adventure bike stance and poise. Its shape and position enable a further forward engine position, resulting in a more optimised centre of gravity (40 mm forward and 20 mm lower). This improves weight distribution for better handling and low speed balance, whilst other improvements to the sump and cooling system ensure it has no impact on ground clearance.
There’s also an all-new air box with a more easily accessible new air filter, plus a slip and assist clutch for added rider comfort.
The chassis is now up to 5 kg lighter than the previous generation model, the new generation 900 delivers the most commanding and agile Tiger ride ever. The new steel trellis frame is not only lighter, but now has a modular construction, with bolt-on aluminium rear sub-frame and bolt-on pillion hangers, delivering the most adventure-centric set-up ever for off-road focused riding.
There is a very high specification of suspension across the new 900 range with premium Marzocchi or Showa components tailored to deliver the ultimate capability for the benchmark-setting new middleweight adventure bikes.
For maximum rider convenience and comfort, the GT Pro model features segment-leading electronically adjustable rear suspension, allowing the rider to adjust the rear preload and damping settings via a dedicated menu in the TFT instruments. Riders can select from nine levels of damping control, ranging from Comfort (softest) to Sport (firmest), and four preload set-ups.
All of the new Tiger 900 models now feature category-leading Brembo Stylema brakes for superior stopping power. These are lightweight, compact, carefully sculpted and high performing calipers, with reduced volume around the pistons and brake pads, reducing the internal space occupied by brake fluid, delivering a more immediate braking response. Increased airflow around the brake pads also helps the calipers to cool quicker.
This combination of new lightweight modular frame, new lighter weight engine, high specification suspension and premium Brembo brakes delivers a step change in agility and capability, ensuring exceptional handling in all riding scenarios.
Long distance travel has been improved on the new Tiger 900 range, with a new larger 20 litre fuel tank and new adjustable screen, delivering superior wind protection with a simple single-handed adjustment.
Ergonomics are also improved for the new models, optimised for rider comfort when touring, off-roading and anything in between. The seat width is narrower, and the handlebars are 10mm closer, giving a more comfortable upright riding position, and a greater level of rider control when static and on the move. Additionally, each model has a dedicated and unique footrest position to suit the expected style of riding, and a built-in easily adjustable two-position seat height mechanism. This enables the rider to change the seat height by 20 mm to their preferred set-up.
Tiger 900 – The new base road-focused Tiger, with a major step forward in capability and style.
Tiger 900 Rally and Rally Pro – Transformed for maximum off-road adventure, and road focused capability and comfort.
Tiger 900 GT and GT Pro – Transformed for even more urban adventure, genuine long distance travel and everything in between
All-new more responsive 900 cc Euro 5 compliant triple engine with innovative new configuration
- Higher capacity new 900 cc triple engine
- 10% more torque than the Tiger 800 model, peaking at 87 Nm at 7,250 rpm
- More power across the entire rev range, with 9% more in the mid-range
- New unique 1,3,2 firing order for greater character and feel
- Category-leading acceleration
- More characterful and distinctive soundtrack
All-new benchmark-setting ride from a significantly lighter Adventure bike
- New lightweight modular frame with bolt-on rear sub-frame and pillion hangers
- New tailored high specification suspension set-up tuned for maximum road
- and off-road capability, with best-in-class electronic RSU (GT Pro only)
- New category-leading top-specification Brembo Stylema monobloc brakes
- Large 20 litre fuel tank for advanced touring capability
All-new state-of-the-art ride-enhancing technology
- New class-leading 7” TFT instruments (GT & GT Pro, Rally & Rally Pro only)
- New integrated My Triumph connectivity system (GT Pro & Rally Pro only)
- New optimised cornering ABS and optimised cornering traction control, controlled by an Inertial Measurement Unit (GT & GT Pro, Rally & Rally Pro only)
- Up to six riding modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Rider, Off-Road, Off-Road Pro
- New Triumph Shift Assist, up and down quickshifter (GT Pro & Rally Pro only)
- New all-LED lighting, with daytime running lights
- New secure mobile phone storage with USB charging
All-new aggressive Tiger style with more dominant adventure-focused stance
- The new benchmark for finish and detailing
- New premium bodywork with new colours and graphics
Accessible and adaptable
- Dedicated Tiger 900 GT Low Ride Height version available with unique suspension and lower seat
- 20 mm adjustable seat height on all Tiger 900 models
65+ dedicated Tiger 900 accessories, adding to your adventure
- Accessories for added comfort, protection and capability, plus all-new luggage
- Two new inspiration kits:
- Trekker kit showcases the accessory options that add even greater touring capability
- Expedition kit showcases the extensive off-road focused accessories available, including new rugged panniers
- Tiger 900 Rally & Rally Pro: Matt Khaki, Sapphire Black and Pure White, all featuring contemporary new decals and a distinctive white frame inspired by the ‘Tiger Tramontana’ rally bike
- Tiger 900 GT & GT Pro: Korosi Red, Sapphire Black and Pure White, all featuring premium tank badges and contemporary new decals
- Tiger 900: Pure White
2020 Tiger 900 specifications
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder|
|Bore Stroke||78 x 61.9 mm|
|Max Power||95.2 PS / 93.9 bhp (70 kW) @ 8,750 rpm|
|Max Torque||87 Nm @ 7,250 rpm|
|System||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection|
|Exhaust||Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain|
|Frame||Tubular steel frame, bolt on sub frame|
|Swingarm||Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy|
|Front Wheel||Cast alloy, 19 x 2.5 in||Spoked Tubeless, 21 x 2.15 in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast alloy, 17 x 4.25 in||Spoked Tubeless, 17 x 4.25 in|
|Front Suspension||Marzocchi 45mm upside down forks, non-adjustable||Marzocchi 45mm upside down forks, manual rebound and compression damping adjustment, 180mm travel|
(140mm GT LRH)
|Showa 45mm upside down forks, manual preload, rebound damping and compression damping adjustment, 240mm travel|
|Rear Suspension||Marzocchi rear suspension unit, manual preload adjustment, 170mm rear wheel travel||Marzocchi rear suspension unit, manual preload and rebound damping adjustment, 170mm wheel travel (151mm LRH)||Marzocchi rear suspension unit, electronically adjustable preload and rebound damping, 170mm wheel travel||Showa rear suspension unit, manual preload and rebound damping adjustment, 230mm wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo Stylema 4 piston Monobloc calipers. Radial front master cylinder, ABS||Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo Stylema 4 piston Monobloc calipers. Radial front master cylinder, Optimised Cornering ABS|
|Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo Stylema 4 piston Monobloc calipers. Radial front master cylinder, Optimised Cornering ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 255mm disc. Brembo single piston sliding caliper, ABS||Single 255mm disc.|
Brembo single piston sliding caliper.
Optimised cornering ABS.
|Single 255mm disc.|
Brembo single piston sliding caliper.
Optimised cornering ABS
(1385-1435 mm LRH)
|Rake||24.6 º||24.6 º|
(24.1 º LRH)
|24.6 º||24.4 º||24.4 º|
|Dry Weight||192 kg||194 kg|
(193 kg LRH)
|198 kg||196 kg||201 kg|
|Tank Capacity||20 L||20 L||20 L||20 L||20 L|
|Fuel Consumption||5.2l/100 km (55.4 MPG)|