The KTM RC Cup has begun in Mumbai with the selections round taking place at Raymond’s ground. The event, organized by KTM Pro-XP, aims to offer KTM owners a chance to become pro riders. Selections will take place in 7 more cities before moving on to the Qualifiers and Finale in Chennai. Over 1000 racers are expected to participate, with the top 3 winners receiving a trip to KTM’s global headquarters in Austria, including training with the Race Director and interaction with KTM Factory Racing athletes. The race will be directed by ex-MotoGP racer Jeremy McWilliams and supported by Emmanuel Jebaraj, a seven-time National INMRC Champion.
In the selections round held at Raymond’s ground in Thane, Mumbai, 130 racers competed on the KTM RC 390 GP, with the top 10 based on fastest lap times moving on to the Qualifier round. These racers include Kayan Zubin Patel, Rajesh Swami, Mihri Sakpal, Roshan Gawad, Rushabh Gala, Jatin Porabia, Neeraj Ballurgi, Devilal Punjaram Lunja, Divy Parmar and Dhiraj Baikar. The Mumbai selections round ended with a floodlight race on January 14th, 2023. Kayan Zubin Patel emerged as the winner, with Rajesh Swami as the first runner-up and Vignesh Karangutkar as the second runner-up.
The contestants will continue to race on the company-provided KTM RC 390 GP Edition bikes in three stages:
- Selections: Race Academy and Selections across 8 Cities – Mumbai, Vadodara, Delhi, Ranchi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Coimbatore and Chennai.
- Qualifiers: The top 10 from each of the 8 cities will contest in the Qualifiers held in Chennai.
- Finale: The top racers from the Qualifiers will race at the Finale of the KTM RC Cup.
The top 3 winners of the KTM RC Cup will win a visit to the global HQ of KTM in Austria, and the prize includes:
- Training with the Race Director in Austria
- Interaction with KTM Factory Racing athletes
- Watch a MotoGP race live at the Red Bull ring
- Visit the prestigious KTM Motohall
RC Cup Timetable:
|Raymond Ground Thane
|14th – 15th January 2023
|21st – 22nd January 2023
|Kartomania – Go Karting Gurugram
|28th – 29th January 2023
|Sheikh Bhikhari stadium
|5th February 2023
|18th – 19th February 2023
|25th – 26th February 2023
|Kari Motor Speedway
|4th – 5th March 2023
|11th – 12th March 2023