Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has announced a new initiative to host school students at its Global Resource Factory in Manesar, Haryana. The initiative is aimed at providing young students aged 6-10 years from various private and government schools, as well as the underprivileged section across Gurugram and Manesar, an opportunity to gain practical insights into industry operations. The program includes presentations, guided tours of the company’s manufacturing facility, and engaging sessions with HMSI experts on topics such as health, road safety, and motorsports. The goal of the initiative is to build a strong growth foundation for the younger generation and to impart key foundational lessons to enable them to succeed in life.
HMSI’s community initiative program aims to make learning more engaging and fun for young students through a variety of interactive activities. The program includes:
- Road Safety lessons: Experts in road safety conduct interactive sessions that include quizzes, games, and rewards to teach students about road rules and regulations, driver’s duties on the road, riding gear, posture, and safe riding etiquette. The students also learn about their responsibilities as a passenger on a two-wheeler.
- Motorsports: Showcasing Honda‘s legacy as a pioneer in two-wheeler racing, the program introduces students to the world of Honda in motorsports, highlighting various racing events and the achievements of international and national level racers, while emphasizing the importance of safe riding.
- Health and Hygiene: The program focuses on the importance of health and hygiene by emphasizing key practices such as handwashing and brushing teeth twice daily.
- Factory Tour: The students are taken on an audio-guided tour of HMSI’s Manesar plant, where they learn how their favorite scooters and motorcycles are built from scratch using cutting-edge technologies.
- Career Guidance: To build on the interest generated from the live tour of the facility, a career counseling session is organized to emphasize the importance of skill development in today’s age and to help students discover new career opportunities.
Speaking on the initiative, Mr. Atsushi Ogata – Managing Director, President and CEO, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India said, “Children are the key drivers of a nation’s growth engine. Nurturing them with the best theoretical knowledge as well as practical orientation is the core to build a solid foundation for a better tomorrow. This program gives a 360-degree perspective to young generation which will help molding their minds in the right direction and honing their skill sets at the right age. We hope that this community program benefits the kids and society at large establishing a brighter and safer future.”