The 2023 Norden 901 Expedition has been unveiled by Husqvarna Motorcycles, offering a touring machine that is designed to enable endless exploration. The motorcycle is equipped with premium Technical Accessories that improve ease of use, with long travel WP XPLOR suspension ensuring that all riders can explore for longer. The motorcycle boasts a new, striking colour scheme that signifies its outstanding capabilities both on and offroad.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition key highlights
- WP XPLOR suspension with 240 mm of travel and full adjustability
- Heated grips and rider seat for cold weather comfort
- Touring Windshield for reduced fatigue on extended rides
- Convenient Side Bag Set for storage
- Centre Stand for easier maintenance
- Heavy-duty Skid Plate for complete protection of tank and engine
- Connectivity Unit provides Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, Call-In, Call-Out, and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
- Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app available on Apple AppStore and Google Playstore
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame with engine as stressed member
- 889 cc parallel-twin engine producing 105 hp peak power and 100 Nm of torque
- Four selectable ride modes (Street, Rain, Offroad, Explorer)
- Cutting-edge, switchable cornering ABS with Offroad mode
- Easy Shift function
- Cornering-sensitive traction control allows for nine levels of adjustable rear wheel slip (in Explorer mode)
- Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC)
- Tubeless spoked wheels in offroad dimensions and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres for maximum performance on the street and offroad
- Large capacity 19-litre fuel tank provides an extended range of up to 400 km
To guarantee superior performance across the roughest terrain, the motorcycle comes with offroad-specific WP XPLOR suspension with 240 mm of travel that is fitted to both the front and rear. Riders can fine-tune the compression, rebound, and preload settings of the fully adjustable suspension to create a personalised set-up based on their individual preferences. To provide maximum rider comfort on long-distance adventures, the Norden 901 Expedition is equipped with many of Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Technical Accessories as standard. The adjustable heated grips and rider’s seat offer instant warmth, particularly beneficial for early morning starts and colder climates, while the new Touring Windshield significantly reduces rider fatigue by deflecting wind around the motorcycle, particularly at higher speeds.
The Norden 901 Expedition is designed to turn journeys into expeditions with its convenient features. Equipped with a pre-fitted Side Bag Set, this travel motorcycle offers up to 36 litres of storage capacity integrated perfectly with the bodywork.
Powered by an 889 cc parallel-twin engine, the Norden 901 Expedition produces 105 hp and 100 Nm of torque, providing a broad spread of smooth, controllable power suitable for challenging offroad terrain. The steel trellis frame houses the versatile engine, working together with the chromium-molybdenum chassis to provide exceptional agility, rider feedback, and comfort, even during the longest of riding days.
As a standard feature, the Norden 901 Expedition includes a new centre stand, engine guard, and Connectivity Unit to ensure ease-of-maintenance and protection during long journeys. The Connectivity Unit can be paired with a smartphone via Bluetooth, allowing riders to use the Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app. This app provides downloadable maps, Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, and real-time traffic information. In addition, riders can safely control music selection and volume using the handlebar-mounted buttons while on the road.