Ducati has launched Scrambler Urban Motard in India, priced at INR 11.49 Lacs (Ex-showroom India). The Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard has a dry weight of 180 kg (dry) and is powered by an 803 cc L-twin engine with desmodromic distribution, which delivers 73 hp of power at 8,250 rpm and 65.7 of torque at 5,750 rpm. The chassis includes a trellis frame in black tubular steel, Kayaba suspension both at the front and at the rear and 17″ spoked wheels on which Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires are mounted in sizes of 120/70 at the front and 180/55 at the rear. Bosch Cornering ABS features as standard equipment on the bike.
Few characteristic elements that explicitly recall the world of Motard are grafted on this new paint scheme, which feature a high front mudguard, a dedicated flat seat in black with the Ducati logo and the side number plates which stand out.
The Urban Motard is also equipped as standard with a headlight with LED DRL, a hallmark of all Ducati Scrambler models, which is combined with the rear light with full LED diffusion technology.
The Scrambler Urban Motard is also designed for the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), which enables a smartphone to be connected to the bike via Bluetooth, while the USB socket positioned under the seat is standard.
Commenting on the launch, Bipul Chandra, Managing Director, Ducati India said, “The Scrambler Urban Motard is a motorcycle created for the Ducatisti to experience the urban environment in a fun and energetic way. The original livery of the bike is inspired by the world of street art and metropolitan graffiti, and it can’t go unnoticed thanks to its unmatched style and sporty character. The Scrambler Urban Motard is one distinctive machine in the Scrambler line up and we are happy to introduce it to our riding community!”
The name chosen for this latest version refers to the characteristic atmosphere of large cities and is aimed at young people who live the city with energy and enthusiasm. This sense of freedom has been interpreted by the Centro Stile Ducati through the creation of an original livery, which combines the Star White Silk and Ducati GP ’19 Red color in an energetic graphic design, inspired by the world of street art and metropolitan graffiti.
Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard
- Star White Silk and Red GP ’19, black frame and dedicated black seat with red tag
- Teardrop steel tank with interchangeable aluminum panels
- Low (805 mm / 31.7 inches) dual seat, comfortable for rider and passenger
- Wide handlebar for a relaxed riding position
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires in sizes 120/70 (R17) at the front and 180/55 (R17) at the rear
- Bosch Cornering ABS
- Headlight with LED DRL interchangeable aluminum frame
- Full diffusion LED rear light and LED turn indicators
- LCD instrumentation with gear and fuel level indicator and interchangeable aluminum frame
- 803 cc air-cooled L-twin engine
- Machine-worked aluminum belt covers
- Black engine heads with brushed fins
- Twin-spar steel trellis frame
- Die-cast aluminum swingarm
- Spoked wheels with black channel
Priced at INR 11.49 Lacs (Ex-showroom India), the new Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard goes on sale today across all Ducati India dealerships.