Yamaha India has done the global unveiling and launches of the YZF-R15 Version 4 in India. It is also accompanied by the new version called the YZF-R15M. Both versions will be available across all company dealerships in India by end of September. The online bookings for this model range begins from today.
The R15 V4 comes in 3 colours Racing Blue, Dark Knight, and Metallic Red. The R15M will be available in Metallic Grey colour, additionally the R15M Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition has also been launched with MotoGP branding on the fairing, fuel tank, front mud guard and rear side panels, outlining Yamaha’s strong Racing DNA.
Yamaha R15 V4 key specifications
- 155 cc VVA engine
- 18.4 PS @ 10,000 rpm
- 14.2 Nm @ 7,500 rpm
- Traction control
- Up and down quick shifter
- Assist and Slipper clutch
- USD forks with 37 mm inner tubes
- Dual channel ABS
- 140/70 R17 rear tyre
- LED headlight bi-functional
- Track and Street riding modes
- Gear shift timing indicator
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 142 kg kerb weight
- 11 l tank
- 170 mm ground clearance
- 815 mm seat height
Yamaha R15 V4 variants, colour options and prices
- Red, Blue and Black colour options for V4
- R15M in unique grey and MotoGP edition
- INR 1,67,800 ex-showroom price for V4 Red
- INR 1,68,800 ex-showroom price for V4 Black
- INR 1,72,800 ex-showroom price for V4 Blue
- INR 1,77,800 ex-showroom price for R15M
- INR 1,79,800 ex-showroom price for V4 MotoGP edition
Unlike the forward-slanted design lines seen on other supersport models, the 2021 YZF-R15 range adopts predominantly horizontal design lines like the YZF-R1, inheriting the DNA of Yamaha’s R-Series. As a result, the model looks sporty, while conveying a visual sense of stability in motion. To give it an imposing aura, the new YZF-R15 uses a single bi‐functional Class-D LED headlight that also emphasizes the presence of the M-shaped intake duct.
Taking sporty handling to the next level, the new YZF-R15 employs an upside down front fork with 37mm inner tubes, wherein the lower end (unsprung) is light, and the upper end (sprung) has thick outer tubes bolted to the chassis for higher rigidity. This new structure offers more stability under braking, with improved comfort and cornering performance. To accommodate the new front suspension, the upper triple clamp (handlebar crown) has been newly designed, with the rib shapes contributing to the strength–rigidity balance, similar to the M1.
The new YZF-R15 model is also the first small-displacement Yamaha motorcycle with manual transmission to feature Traction Control System, which controls the ignition timing and fuel injection volume to instantly adjust engine power output to avoid excessive slippage. It is also the first Yamaha single-cylinder motorcycle to feature a quick-shifter (standard on the YZF-R15 V4 Racing Blue and YZF-R15M), for smooth, clutchless, upshifts. It activates when speed is at or over 20 km/h, the engine rpm is at or over 2,000rpm, and accelerating.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India group of companies said,
“Under the umbrella of ‘The Call of the Blue’ brand campaign, Yamaha has launched unique products & services. Today, I am happy to announce the world premiere of the YZF-R15 V4 in India. This shows the importance of Indian market in our global plans. The YZF-R15 V4 carries the same racing DNA as the YZF-M1 & YZF-R1. The R15 V4 will provide Indian customers with all the latest technology that Yamaha has gained from conducting multiple racing activities. I believe that the all new YZF-R15 V4 and the YZF-R15M will take the thrills of racing to a whole new level & provide greater experience to our R15 fans in India. Yamaha will continue to provide such unique products & services in the Indian market in the future as well.”
For 2021, both the YZF-R15 V4 and YZF-R15M comes loaded with first in class features.
Details of New updates
- 1. Newly designed Trip/Info button positioned on the right handlebar, to toggle between display modes and info shown.
- 2. The new fairing design reduces the coefficient of aerodynamic drag (CdA) from 0.307 on the current model to 0.293.
- 3. Reinforced subframe to tune the chassis’ balance.
- 4. Redesigned Seat for easy weight shifting, good hold and easy ground reach.
Exclusive to YZF-R15M
- 1. A special colour scheme reminiscent of the YZF-R1M
- 2. Carbon-like seat cover material (Rider & Pillion) and embroidered logo on the pillion seat
- 3. Anodized blue fork caps
- 4. Golden colour Brake Calliper
Other common features on the 2021 YZF-R15 range includes an A&S clutch, Bypass type thermostat cooling system, Muffler with 3-stage expansion chamber, Deltabox frame, Linked-type Monocross rear suspension and Dual-Channel ABS.