Benelli has finally launched the TRK 502 and 502X models in the Indian market. The standard model, the Benelli TRK 502 comes at a price of INR 5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) while the off-road biased version the Benelli TRK 502 X is priced at INR 5.40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Both of these bikes are mid-capacity adventure offerings and look very capable.
The 502 X was spotted being tested back in November last year and would have arrived earlier but the earlier partner of the brand, the DSK Group, faced financial issues which led to operations stopping for a while. However, the motorcycles have finally launched on the back of a new collaboration between Benelli and AARI (Adishwar Auto Ride India) which is a Mahavir Group’s subsidiary.
The 502 X gets a bigger 19-inch front wire-spoke wheel while there is a 17-inch rear wheel. The regular TRK 502 comes with 17-inch front and rear wheels alike. There is a 50 mm USD front fork and monoshock for both models in tandem with twin 320 mm discs in front and 260 mm rear discs complete with switchable ABS for the rear. Seat height stands at 800 mm and 840 mm for the 502 and 502 X respectively. Both variants have the liquid cooled 499.6 cc parallel twin engine that makes 47.5 and 46 Nm of peak torque. There is a 6-speed gearbox for both variants along with 20 litre fuel tanks.
Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502 X launch key take away’s:
- TRK 502 – 5 lakh ex-showroom
- TRK 502 X- 5.4 lakh ex-showroom
- Engine: 499.6 cc
- Power: 47.5 HP @ 8,500 RPM
- Torque: 46 Nm @ 6,000 RPM
- 6 speed gearbox
- 20 litre tank
- Seat height: 800 mm and 840 mm (X version)
- Ground clearance: 190 mm and 220 mm (X version)
- 213 kg dry weight
- Colour options – Red, White and Graphite Grey
- 50 mm USD forks
- 17 inch alloys with 120/70 front and 160/60 rear tyres for 502
- 19 inch front and 17 inch rear spoked rims with 110/80 and 150/70 tyres on 502 X
- Switchable ABS
- Bookings open for Rs 10,000 and delivery begins by May 2019
[…] Adishwar Auto Ride, it has been playing at the front foot. This year, it has already launched its TRK 502 range and Leoncino 500. Now, its next launch is most probably going to be the Imperiale […]