The Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC and Scrambler 1200 XE line up, these are all-new benchmark-setting motorcycles that represent a first for dual-purpose capability and modern custom style. These beautiful new 1200 scramblers deliver a category redefining level of performance, specification and finish, fused with Triumph’s iconic Scrambler DNA and all the capability of a genuine adventure motorcycle.
Built to deliver a sublime riding experience on every road, and packed with class-leading specification and state-of-the-art technology, these new modern classics take the legend that Triumph started to a whole new level. The first of a new generation, and the best in every dimension. The real deal is here.
Two new benchmark setting Scramblers
- 1200 Scrambler XC – built with an all-road & off-road focus
- 1200 Scrambler XE – built to be just as great on the road but with even more extreme off-road capability
- High Power 1200cc Bonneville twin engine, with dedicated Scrambler tune, delivering 90 PS @ 7,400 rpm
- Incredible torque output of 110 Nm @ 3,950rpm
- Sculpted high level exhaust and a signature twin Scrambler soundtrack
Category dominating capability
- Class leading state-of-the-art technology including;
- 2nd generation TFT instruments
- 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro on the XE
- Optimised cornering ABS and cornering traction control on the XE
- IMU and fully integrated technology system
- All LED lighting, including signature DRL headlight
- Intuitive switch cubes & 5-way joystick
- Illuminated backlit switches
- Torque-assist clutch
- Keyless ignition
- Cruise control
- USB charging socket
- Heated grips as standard on the XE and accessory fitted on the XC
- World’s first motorcycle integrated GoPro control system, Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system and Bluetooth phone and music operation (all enabled by an accessory Bluetooth connectivity module)
- Class leading specification and equipment
- Öhlins first-in-class long travel fully adjustable RSU
- Showa fully adjustable long travel forks
- Brembo twin M50 radial monobloc front calipers
- Crafted long-travel aluminium swingarm
- Dedicated Scrambler frame
- Folding foot controls, adjustable on the XE
- High-specification side laced wheels
- Category-first 21” front wheel, with adventure focused tubeless tyres
- Handbook approved Pirelli Scorpion Rally Tyres
First-in-class ‘modern classic’ and ‘adventure’ capable dual purpose motorcycles
Breath-taking Scrambler style
- Category leading finish and detailing
- 21st century scrambler-defining custom style
- Iconic silhouette and sculpted high level twin exhaust system
- Seamless fuel tank with brushed aluminium Monza-style filler cap and brushed stainless strap
Built for riders to personalise
- 80+ new Scrambler accessories
- Two new inspiration kits
- The ‘Escape’ inspiration kit, with luggage set-up for touring
- The ‘Extreme’ inspiration kit, for even more off-road focused set-up
THE ORIGINAL SCRAMBLERS & GENESIS FOR TODAY’S SCRAMBLER SCENE
Born from an unparalleled blood line, the new Scrambler 1200 line-up can trace its roots directly back to the original Scrambler scene in the early 1960’s, where Triumph played a pivotal role and set the template for what made a scrambler great.
Building the leading bikes of the day, stripped back with straight-through ‘twin pipes’ fitted high or low sling and chopped off – Triumphs were the original and real desert sleds. These inspired the world’s first production scramblers, with the Bonneville T-120TT, T120C and the TR6’C’. And these were the bikes that Steve McQueen took to the desert, that Bud Ekins raced and won on, in the dirt, and that competed the most challenging desert races of all time – the Baja 1000. In 2006, with the launch of the very first ‘modern era’ Scrambler, Triumph again delivered the genesis of a new category. This triggered the world of Scramblers we see today and a whole new global fan base, from urban riders to movie stars, all in love with that iconic Triumph scrambler style and timeless silhouette.
TWO BENCHMARK SETTING NEW SCRAMBLER 1200s
Two all-new models comprise the Triumph Scrambler 1200 line-up. The Scrambler 1200 XC, which is built for the road and for real off-road riding fun, and the range-topping Scrambler 1200 XE, which takes the specification to the highest level and its off-road capability and scrambling credentials to the very top of the motorcycling world.
Both new Scramblers deliver category leading torque and a dedicated ‘scrambler tune’ courtesy of the latest generation Bonneville High Power 1200cc engine. The charismatic 270° firing interval ensures a smooth, linear power delivery from the slick six-speed gearbox. Evolved specifically for the Scrambler, the 1200 engine provides 90 PS @ 7,400 rpm, which is 12.5% more power than the Bonneville T120 and an incredible 38% more than the 2019 Street Scrambler. Additionally, the Scrambler 1200 power plant is tuned to deliver ‘high torque’ off-road and on, low down and across the mid-range, with peak torque of 110Nm at a low 3,950 rpm. This is also greater that the Street Scrambler by 37.5%. Delivering the Scrambler soundtrack is a beautifully crafted twin high level exhaust system with stainless steel headers and brushed stainless steel silencers for a deep punchy scrambler sound. Just like all the new generation Bonnevilles, the Scrambler 1200 engine delivers leading modern classic capability with ride-by-wire, as well as a sensitively incorporated liquid cooling system for enhanced performance and cleaner, more fuel efficient riding. Both Scrambler 1200 models also feature a high first major service interval of 10,000 miles/16,000 km.
CATEGORY DOMINATING CAPABILITY
Taking the capability to the highest level, the Scrambler 1200s feature a class-leading standard of rider focused technology, including:
- 2nd generation TFT instruments
Both models feature Triumph’s latest generation full-colour TFT instruments, with a stylish design and two information layout design themes that can be personalised. This includes an all-new feature that allows the rider to update the start-up screen message with their name.
- Up to 6 riding modes, including ‘Off-Road Pro’
Both models feature Road, Rain, Off-Road, Sport and Rider-configurable riding modes which adjust the throttle response, ABS settings and traction control setting to suit rider preference and riding conditions.On top of these 5 modes, the Scrambler 1200 XE also features the ‘Off-Road Pro’ mode, which delivers our most off-road focused set up for advanced adventure riding and scrambling. The ‘Off-Road Pro’ mode turns ABS and traction control off, and uses the ‘Off-Road’ throttle map.
- Optimised Cornering ABS – supported by an IMU (XE only)
Exclusive to the Scrambler XE is the Optimised Cornering ABS, fitted as standard. This maintains the optimum braking performance, whatever the lean angle. The Scrambler 1200 XC features switchable ABS and its three ABS modes are selected manually via the Rider-configurable riding mode.
- Optimised Cornering Traction Control – supported by an IMU (XE only)
The Scrambler 1200 XE also features Optimised Cornering Traction Control as standard, which automatically adapts the level of traction control depending on the riding conditions. This maintains the optimum level of traction control for the lean angle of the bike.The Scrambler XC features instead switchable traction control with five ride modes, which are selected manually via the Rider-configurable riding mode.
- IMU – Inertial Measurement Unit (XE only)
An advanced Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), developed in partnership with Continental, supports the optimum function of the Optimised Cornering ABS and Traction Control on the Scrambler 1200 XE. This takes constant measurements of roll, pitch, yaw, lean angle and acceleration rates, responding with appropriate active safety features.
- All LED lighting with DRL headlight
Both Scrambler 1200 models come with all LED lighting, including 5 inch headlight, tail light with new more attractive diffused opacity detailing, and indicators (in applicable markets).The headlight also incorporates LED Daytime Running Lights (*in applicable markets) which provides excellent visibility and a distinctive light profile.
- Illuminated backlit switches
The switches on both Scrambler models are backlit from LEDs housed inside the switch cubes, enhancing rider interaction and improving control by giving a soft glow in all lighting conditions.
- Torque assist clutch
Designed to reduce clutch lever effort for the rider, bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch and making it easier to ride, and for longer.
- Keyless ignition
Triumph’s keyless ignition system is fitted as standard on both models. The system recognises the proximity of the keyless fob and then enables ignition via the switch cube mounted start button. There is also the ability to disable the key’s wireless transmission function at the touch of a button for even greater security.
- Heated grips
Heated grips are also fitted as standard to the Scrambler 1200 XE, and are available as an accessory on the Scrambler 1200 XC. These are neatly integrated with a button on the left hand grip providing greater rider comfort, with two modes.
- Cruise control
Electronic cruise control is fitted as standard to both Scrambler models. This is a single button system fitted into the left hand switch cube. This feature can be easily accessed while riding for maximum convenience and safety.
- USB charging
Both new Scramblers feature a 5 vault USB power socket for charging personal equipment. This is integrated into a new foam lined storage box under the seat.
- World’s first integrated GoPro control system
A world’s first for any motorcycle – Triumph introduces an integrated GoPro control system, facilitating GoPro camera operation, which is facilitated by an accessory fitted connectivity Bluetooth module.The connection and control is displayed on the TFT instruments, enabling intuitive video and photo operation via the switch-gear.
- Turn-by-turn navigation system
Another Triumph first comes with the introduction of an integrated turn-by-turn navigation system powered by Google™ – their first motorcycle manufacturer partnership. The navigation system is facilitated through an accessory fitted Bluetooth connectivity module. Once the rider has selected the route on the Triumph app and set-off, the instruments present turn symbols on the screen using simple graphic icons. With this system, the rider has at their disposal a navigation system, a route-planner, their final destination and points of interest such as hotels, petrol stations and restaurants.
- Triumph app
For iOS and Android phones, riders can download for free the all new Triumph app, which delivers the connected navigation function. The navigation, route planner, final destination and points of interest (hotels, fuel, restaurants etc.) are all controlled by the rider through this app.
- Integrated phone and music operation
The new Scrambler 1200s both feature full Bluetooth phone integration, with clear display on the colour TFT instruments, and intuitive phone operation via the switchgear, allowing the rider to select music, control the volume and take calls. This is facilitated through an accessory fitted connectivity Bluetooth module.
CLASS LEADING SPECIFICATION & EQUIPMENT
With a unique Öhlins collaboration, plus a dedicated new Scrambler chassis tailored for focused off-road capability and comfortable rider ergonomics, the new Scrambler 1200s have been developed to deliver a first-in-class dual purpose ‘classic and adventure’ capability.
Both models feature totally unique new fully-adjustable twin-spring Öhlins rear suspension units that deliver category leading wheel travel and suspension capability, for amazing off-road capability and ground clearance.
The more extreme off-road oriented XE version delivers 250mm wheel travel, and the dual purpose XC delivers 200mm. Both models are equipped with piggy-back reservoirs. Both Scramblers also feature a new crafted long travel aluminium swing-arm, which is longer on the XE version, making the new XC and XE truly capable in all riding conditions.
Topping off the high-specification engineering innovation there are premium Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers, folding foot controls which are adjustable on the XE model, and first-in-class tubeless tyres and spoked 21’ inch front wheel.
BREATH-TAKING SCRAMBLER STYLE
These bikes have absolutely Scrambler-defining modern custom style with category leading finish and detailing, setting a new template for what a 21st century Scrambler should look like. Incorporating all of the original Scrambler design DNA and iconic silhouette the new XC and XE feature a host of signature scrambler details, including:
- New design ‘seamless’ sculpted Scrambler fuel tank, with classic scrambler tank ‘cut-away’ features
- Beautifully engineered side-laced wheels
- Brushed aluminium Monza-style filler cap
- Brushed stainless steel tank strap
- Classic bench seat
Reflecting its top-of-the-range status, the Scrambler 1200 XE comes with even more premium details, including being the first bike to carry the iconic Triumph triangle badge on the tank, plus:
- Hand guards with aluminium brace
- Brembo MCS lever
- Silver handlebar finish with black anodised risers and clamp
- And gold coloured forks
Both Scramblers come in a choice of two alternative premium twin-paint schemes
- Scrambler 1200 XC
- Jet Black and Matt Black
- Khaki Green and Brooklands Green
- Scrambler 1200 XE
- Fusion White and Brooklands Green
- Cobalt Blue and Jet Black
80+ DEDICATED NEW SCRAMBLER CUSTOM ACCESSORIES
The new Scrambler 1200 XC and XE have been designed with personalisation at heart, with more than 80 accessories to deliver more rugged off-road focus, more style and more everyday usability.
The off-road accessories include:
- High level front mudguard
- Stainless steel engine bars
- Headlight grille
Styling and practicality accessories include:
- Connectivity Bluetooth module
- Arrow carbon fibre silencer
- Indicator relocation kit
- Handlebar brace
- Number board.
For longer distance escapes and daily practicality, accessories include:
- New developed rugged panniers
- Rugged tank bag
- 30 litre roll bag.
TWO NEW INSPIRATION KITS
To showcase the dual-character of the bikes, we’ve created a set of two exciting inspiration kits to use as the starting point for riders to design their own Scrambler 1200 custom, or to have fitted as a complete set – the fully loaded Escape kit and the off-road, stripped back Extreme kit.
‘Escape’ inspiration kit
Bringing an adventure touring style, the ‘Escape’ inspiration kit features a host of new Scrambler 1200 accessories. Including:
- Rugged pannier and fitting kit
- Handguards kit
- Grab rack kit
- LED fog lamps
- Centre stand
- Flyscreen and mounting kit
‘Extreme’ inspiration kit
Showcasing the more overtly off-road and stripped back custom style accessories, including:
- Arrow carbon silencer (homologated)
- Aluminium radiator guard
- Machined oil filler cap
- High front mudguard
- Black handlebar brace
- LED indicator kit and rear light relocation kit
- Side stand base extension
- Stainless steel dresser bar
- Headlight grille
- Headlight bezel