We have always loved the Mahindra Mojo, it might not be the fastest or a flashy motorcycle, but instead it is a motorcycle that is true to being one that will still strike a chord with you. Its quirky, its relaxed, its comfortable and most importantly fun and reliable. It may not have set the sales chart on fire, but much like itself it has a steady rate which is increasing every day. Ever since the original Mojo came out couple of years back, there were a lot of talk of whether some of the equipment on it were really needed? The general theme was that the pricing could have been much better with a more standard equipment list. Guess what? Mahindra has done just that. Today they have launched the Mahindra Mojo UT 300 where the UT stands for “Ultimate Tourer”. The original Mojo remains and now is called the Mahindra Mojo XT 300 where XT stands for “Xtreme Tourer”.
The Mahindra Mojo UT 300 has been priced at Rs. 1.39 lakh ex-showroom which according to us is excellent pricing.
So what really has changed to reach this pricing? A lot of major things that you can easily decode and couple of other things internally.
Mahindra Mojo UT 300 changes
- Comes with telescopic forks
- Single exhaust pipe
- Revised seat with increased pillion comfort
- MRF Nylogrip Zapper FY (110/70) front tyre (was Pirelli Diablo Rosso II)
- MRF Nylogrip Zapper S (140/70) rear tyre (was Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 150/70)
- Weight reduced by 1.5 kg to 163.5 kg dry
- Seat height up from 814.5 to 818 mm
- 5 mm reduction in wheelbase – now at 1460 mm
- 8.5 mm decrease in ground clearance at 165 mm was 173.5 mm
- Reduced power at 17 KW (22.7 HP) @ 7500 RPM was 20 KW (26.8 HP) @ 8000 RPM
- Reduced torque at 25.2 Nm @ 5500 RPM was 30 Nm @ 5500 RPM
- Fuel injection dropped for a carburettor
- Single tone colour options – Volcano Red / Ocean Blue