Toyota India has announced the launch of the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo, the sportier edition of one of the most celebrated SUVs in the Indian auto market. With the roll out timed just ahead of the festive season, the new edition available in the 4x2AT -pearl white colour with a brawnier and sportier appeal than its predecessors.
Priced at Rs 31,01,500 ( Ex showroom Delhi ), the Fortuner TRD Sportivo is designed and developed by Toyota Racing Development (TRD). Delivering Toyota’s legendary promise of Quality, Durability & Reliability (QDR), the newest Fortuner not only enhances road presence but also the sporty quotient.
Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo Product Highlights
Reinforced power & toughness
- Power packed 2.8 L diesel engine available with 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential & paddle shift
- Frame structure that delivers exceptional torsional & bending rigidity even in the most challenging terrains
- Eco & Power drive modes
- Active traction control
Safety & Security features
- Impact absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist (BA)
- 7 SRS airbags
- Vehicle stability control (VSC)
- Speed auto lock with emergency unlock
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
Stylish Exterior features
- Auto Bi-beam LED with DRLs
- LED Foglamps
- Smart entry with push start
- Fully automatic power back door with height adjust memory & jam protection
Luxurious Interior features
- 7” tablet inspired touch screen Infotainment with Navigation
- Second row one touch tumble seats
- Park assist with back monitor & rear sensors
- Large TFT Multi-information Display
- Auto Climate Control [Dual AC]
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Akitoshi Takemura, Senior Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said, “Fortuner has proven to be a “True SUV” well recognized for its best in class durability, on-road comfort and off-road prowess. The 2nd generation Fortuner has also continued this legacy with its distinctive, sleek and powerful design backed by improved driving dynamics has received tremendous responseever since its launch in India last year.
Our latest festive offering, the ‘Fortuner TRD Sportivo’ will add more excitement to brand Fortuner. It will certainly make the SUV look sportier and also impose the brand’s cult on-road presence and unbeatable performance by providing exclusivity to our customers” he added.
Speaking on the launch, Mr. N. Raja, Director & Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said, “Among Toyota’s offerings, the Fortuner series has inspired unwavering loyalty in customers who appreciate its exemplary driving experience, and identify with the car’s unique sense of power, style and adventure. As Toyota’s flagship model, the Fortuner has won many hearts globally and in India.
Since its launch in 2009, the Fortuner has been dominating the SUV segment in the country, conquering about 75% of the market share. The upgraded Fortuner that was introduced in November last year has received a phenomenal response with average monthly sales of over 2000 units and cumulative sales of over 21,000 units.
Bookings of the Fortuner TRD Sportivo will begin today along with vehicle display in all Toyota dealerships across Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Ahmedabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Lucknow.