Tata Motors today announced its entry into the growing Compact SUV segment with the commercial launch of its new Gen-next lifestyle SUV, the Tata NEXON.
NEXON comes with a choice of both petrol and diesel engines. The powerful & torquey 1.2L turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5L turbocharged Diesel engine gives NEXON an edge over competition with best-in-class performance, and versatility offered by 3 Drive Modes (ECO, CITY & SPORT) which adapt the engine performance as per the driver’s preference. The Revotorq, 1.5L turbocharged Diesel engine delivers a class-leading power of 110 PS and 260 Nm of max torque and the Revotron, 1.2L turbocharged Petrol engine delivers a superior power of 110 PS and 170 Nm of max torque to ensure that NEXON delivers a sporty & spirited performance. Mated to these powerful engines is an advanced 6-speed transmission ensuring better power transfer across 6 gears and quick take-off characteristics.
With an introductory price of Rs. 5,85,000, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at Rs. 6,85,000, ex-showroom Delhi, for the Diesel variant, the Tata NEXON is the most competitively priced SUV in this segment, with class-leading features. Starting today, the Tata NEXON will be on sale, across 650 Tata Motors authorised sales outlets in India.
Unveiling the Tata NEXON, Mr. Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said, “Our passenger vehicle market is dynamic. The fast-moving generation has clear preferences in terms of design and style. Catering to this discerning need of our customers, we have consistently pushed the boundaries of automotive engineering by creating new categories of vehicles. The Tata Nexon is the result of our intent to break away from the conventional approach of segmentation in its discreet forms and fulfilling a larger set of milieus. Connecting Aspirations of our customers, with the Tata NEXON, we offer an unparalleled package of style, performance, and innovative features.”
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Mayank Pareek, President- Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “Our focus is to introduce products that not only enhance the brand, but simultaneously align well with the rising aspirations of customer segments. As part of the aggressive turnaround strategy, we have renewed focus on filling in product gaps and tapping the white spaces that will emerge. Conceptualised as a lifestyle SUV for young progressive individuals, The NEXON is the culmination of this radical shift in thinking and will further expand Tata Motors’ addressable market.”
With various features like, best-in-class ground clearance of 209 mm, 16” machine-cut alloy wheels, a dual path suspension & sculpted bucket seats for superior ride comfort. It comes with lowest turning circle radius with EPAS (Electric Power assisted steering). With a generous boot space of 350L and expandable storage space upto 690L with 100% rear cushion flip & flat-fold rear seats, the NEXON has been designed intelligently. Rear seats can also be split in 60:40 configuration to accommodate large items in the boot along with the passenger.
With features like Remote key with electric tailgate unlock & approach lamps, passive entry & passive start, reverse camera with dynamic guideways, reverse parking sensors, power adjustable & retractable outside mirrors and automatic climate control with rear air vents, the Tata NEXON provides a class-leading driving experience.
The NEXON comes loaded with advance safety features like ISOFIX Child restrain system for rear seats, dual front airbags and antilock braking system with corner stability control as standard across all variants, adjustable front & rear headrests for impact protection, brake assist feature for shorter stopping distance in emergency braking.
The Connectnext Infotainment system by HarmanTM comes with a 6.5” floating Dashtop touchscreen and an exclusively tuned 8-speaker system for surround sound effect. New generation of smartphone connectivity, with AndroidTM Auto and a host of smartphone apps to ensure an easy & intuitive vocal interaction with the Infotainment for navigation, music, making calls, reading & replying to text & WhatsappTM messages. Add to this voice alerts for warning functions, video playback & image viewing options that truly define the technologically advanced DNA of the NEXON.
Available in four variants – XE, XM, XT, XZ+, the Tata NEXON will come in five exciting colour options – Vermont Red, Moroccan Blue, Seattle Silver, Glasgow Grey and Calgary White and will come with a standard warranty of 75000 kms or 2 years, whichever is earlier.
Tata Nexon XE variant price and features
- Tata Nexon XE petrol variant price: Rs. 5,85,000/-
- Tata Nexon XE diesel variant price: Rs.6,85,000/-
- Tail lamps with LED inserts
- Single tone wheel covers
- 195/65 tyres and 16-inch steel wheels
- Three-tone interiors
- Fabric seats
- Umbrella holder in front doors
- Glovebox with cup holders, wallet holder, card holder, etc.
- Folding rear seat
- Dual-front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Multi Drive modes
- Manual climate control
- Reach and rake adjustable steering
- Front power windows
Tata Nexon XM variant price and features
- Tata Nexon XM petrol variant price: Rs. 6,49,900/-
- Tata Nexon XM diesel variant price: Rs.7,39,900/-
- Shark fin antenna
- Dual-tone wheel covers
- Harman ConnectNext sound system with four speakers
- AM/FM, USB, Aux-in, iPod and Bluetooth connectivity
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Rear parking sensors
- Remote central locking
- All four power windows
- Electric adjust for wing mirrors
- USB fast charger
Tata Nexon XT variant price and features
- Tata Nexon XT petrol variant price: Rs. 7,29,900/-
- Tata Nexon XT diesel variant price: Rs.8,14,900/-
- Roof rails
- Body-coloured wing mirrors and door handles
- Automatic climate control
- Rear AC vents
- Electric folding wing mirrors
- Rear power outlet
- Cooled and illuminated glovebox
Tata Nexon XZ+ variant price and features
- Tata Nexon XE petrol variant price: Rs. 8,44,900/-
- Tata Nexon XE diesel variant price: Rs.9,29,900/-
- Tata Nexon XE petrol variant with dual tone roof price: Rs. 8,59,900/-
- Tata Nexon XE diesel variant with dual tone rood price: Rs.9,44,900/-
- Dual-tone roof colour
- Projector headlamps with daytime running lamps
- 215/60 tyres with 16-inch alloy wheels
- Front centre armrest and sliding tambour door storage
- Rear centre armrest with cup holders
- Rear seat 60:40 split and fold
- Eight speaker Harman 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, voice commands, message readout and reply
- Voice commands for climate control
- Voice alerts for door open, seatbelt reminder, low fuel, park brake release and service reminder
- Rear parking camera
- Day/night inside rearview mirror
- Front and rear fog lamps
- Rear defogger
- Driver’s seat height adjust
- Height adjustable seatbelts
- Smart key with push-button start