The Panigale V4. A bike that begins an exciting new chapter in the Ducati story, a new “symphony” of all Italian performance and emotion. The Panigale V4 is the first mass-produced Ducati bike to mount a four cylinder engine, derived directly from the MotoGP Desmosedici. It’s a concentrate of Ducati technology, style and performance. With an engine displacement of 1,103 cc, 214 hp and a power/weight ratio of 1.1 hp/kg, this bike sets a new standard in the supersport production bike segment.
The Panigale V4 replaces the iconic 1299 at the top of the Ducati supersport range, doing so by enhancing performance and ridability so that riders of all skill levels can enjoy boundless fun and excitement. The Panigale V4 has been developed in close collaboration with Ducati Corse, drawing directly on know-how and technology from the racing world to provide a road bike that is the closest thing possible to its MotoGP counterpart.
The new Ducati supersports family consists of the Panigale V4 – the essence of the new sports bike – and the Panigale V4 S. The latter mounts Öhlins suspension featuring the Smart EC 2.0 system with a new adjustment interface and top-drawer components such as forged aluminium wheels and the lithium ion battery. Completing the range is the exclusive Panigale V4 Speciale, a numbered, limited-edition bike with a dedicated livery, titanium exhaust and machined from solid components.
The Desmosedici Stradale engine is a 90° V4 with Desmodromic timing, just like the Desmosedici GP from which it also takes an 81 mm bore (the maximum allowed by MotoGP rules). This has been combined with a longer stroke than that used in racing (giving a total displacement of 1,103 cm³) to boost low-to-mid rev torque and reduce maximum revs so that the power is easier to handle. The new Ducati engine puts out a maximum of 214 hp @ 13,000 rpm, making the Panigale V4 the most powerful bike in the segment, yet easy to handle thanks to a torque of 123.5 Nm @ 10,000 rpm. Despite such outstanding performance, the Desmosedici Stradale has long maintenance intervals, with valve clearance inspection only necessary every 24,000 km.
The Panigale V4 engine is the only one in the sports segment with a 90° V configuration. It’s also the only engine to use technology such as the counter-rotating crankshaft and twin pulse ignition. These solutions have a positive impact on bike dynamics, making it more agile during changes of direction, fast and stable on the straight and ensuring easier out-of-the-corner torque handling.
The already high power of the standard Desmosedici Stradale configuration can be boosted to 226 hp by mounting the all-titanium racing exhaust, made by Akrapovič as per Ducati Corse specifications. To contain the inevitable weight gain with respect to the 1299 Panigale (because of the 4 cylinders) Ducati has developed an all-new frame where the Desmosedici Stradale itself has a load-bearing function. Called Front Frame, it’s more compact and lighter than a perimeter frame and uses the engine as a stressed chassis element. This solution ensures the right torsional rigidity for on-the-edge riding and gives riders outstanding “feel”. The Front Frame has allowed the designer to create a bike that is slender in the tank-seat merge zone: this, together with seat/handlebar/footpeg triangulation, ensures perfect bike-rider integration.
Together with meticulous design and the use of light materials, the new frame keeps the kerb weight of the S and Special versions down to 195 kg (198 kg on base V4). This weight, combined with the 214 hp, means a power/weight ratio of 1.1 hp/kg, putting the Panigale V4 S at the top of the sport bike segment.
The Panigale V4 doesn’t just set new performance standards. Thanks to the potential of the six-axis Bosch inertial platform, a latest-generation electronics package with some previously unseen features defines new active safety and dynamic vehicle control standards in all riding situations. The Panigale V4 introduces controls such as controlled drift during braking, ABS Cornering on the front wheel only thanks to a set-up specially designed for track riding and Quickshift Up & Down with a strategy that takes lean angles into account. All these controls – developed on the track together with official Ducati riders and test riders – are incorporated in the three new Riding Modes (Race, Sport and Street) and can be adjusted via the advanced TFT panel that makes the Panigale V4 the highest-tech bike in the category.
Ducati Panigale V4 image gallery
Ducati Panigale V4 features
- Colour options – Ducati Red with grey frame and black wheels
- New Desmosedici Stradale engine, 1,103 cc
- New “Front Frame”
- Cast Magnesium alloy front sub frame
- 43 mm Showa Big Piston Forks (BPF), fully adjustable
- Sachs monoshock, fully adjustable
- Sachs steering damper
- 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU)
- ABS Cornering Bosch EVO
- Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO)
- Ducati Slide Control (DSC)
- Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO)
- Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
- Ducati Quick Shift up/down EVO (DQS EVO)
- Engine Brake Control EVO (EBC EVO)
- Buttons for quick level shifting
- Riding Modes (Race, Sport, Street)
- 16 litre aluminium tank
- 5″ full-TFT dashboard
- Full-LED headlight with DRL
- Two-seater configuration kit
- Braking system with new Brembo Stylema® monobloc calipers
- New Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, 200/60 at the rear
- Pre-setting for Ducati Data Analyser + GPS (DDA + GPS) and Ducati Multimedia System
Ducati Panigale V4 S features
- Colour options – Ducati Red with grey frame and black wheels
- Same standard features as the Panigale V4 with the exception of –
- Suspension and steering damper with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 system
- Öhlins NIX-30 forks
- Öhlins TTX 36 shock absorber
- Öhlins steering damper
- Aluminium forged wheels
- Lithium-ion battery
Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale features
- Colour options: “Speciale” colour scheme with grey frame and black wheels
- Same standard features as the Panigale V4 S with the exception of:
- Carbon fibre front/rear mudguards
- Machined-from-solid top yoke with identification number
- Alcantara® seat
- Dedicated handle grips
- Adjustable foot pegs
- Carbon fibre heel guard
- Carbon fibre cover swinging arm
- Racing articulated levers
- Brake level protection
- Full racing titanium Ducati Performance by Akrapovič exhaust system
- Racing screen
- Plate holder removal kit
- Machined-from solid mirror replacement plugs
- Ducati Data Analyser+ GPS (DDA + GPS)
- Bike cover
- Racing fuel tank cap