Yamaha has launched the new 2018 Yamaha MT-09 in the Indian market at rather superb pricing of Rs.10, 88,122/- (Ex showroom in Delhi). This is lower than lower than the existing model’s price, thereby transmitting the Goods & Service Tax (GST) benefits to the customers. It will be available at selected dealers across the country.
Built with the “power of a monster” and the “agility of a roadster”, the new 2018 Yamaha MT-09 has been introduced in a bid to strengthen its superbike segment in the market. Developed on the concept of a “multi-performance neo-roadster” that is in sync with the global MT Series design direction, this ballistic brother is the upgrade to the existing MT-09 that promises superior experience through its striking design and extraordinary technology.
The new 2018 Yamaha MT-09 mounts a newly developed 847 cc, 3-Cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valves engine with ABS. This puts out a decent 115 PS @ 10,000 rpm and 87.5 Nm @ 8,500 rpm.
Main design features include:
- Compact and light weight engine
- Leaping stance
- Long Sharper stronger and compact profile
- Advanced rear view with 3D appearance
- Swing arm mounted rear fender
Yamaha MT-09 is targeted towards the youngsters who are stepping up from 600 cc sports model or thinking for downsizing from a large-displacement model and looking for a two-wheeler with superior characters like agile performance with swaggering power yet a compact build for efficient handling. This model will be imported as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) by India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. (IYM). It will be available in three colour options – Bluish Gray Solid, Deep Purplish Blue and Matte Dark Gray.
Commenting on the launch of the new MT-09, Mr. Roy Kurian, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said – “Yamaha technology is known globally to offer the desired nimbleness and edge which motorcyclists seek from a two wheeler. It is exciting to announce the introduction of the new MT-09 in the Indian market shortly after its successful run globally. The new MT- 09 will reiterate Yamaha’s commitment to offer in India the very best mix of Yamaha’s superior expertise coupled with its unique flair for innovation. The new MT-09 has been constructed with excellent rigidity balance that contributes towards the bike’s agile handling performance and power delivery.”
2018 Yamaha MT-09 image gallery
Other key features:
- Front face with a bad-boy look: Compact headlight assembly with four LED lights
- Styling with a condensed look and feel: Radiator side-fins, large air-scoops
- Symbolic MT Series characteristics: Newly designed rear view, “winglets” under the headlights
- Special look and feel to the body: single-sided swing arm mounted rear fender and Tail light integrated into the body (sub frame 30 mm shorter at rear end)
- Sportier ride in a variety of scenes: Added compression damping adjuster to the front suspension
- Enjoy smoother corner entry: A&S clutch
- Smoother up-shifting with the Quick Shift System (QSS)
- More involved feel in controlling the machine: New seat design