Triumph motorcycles has launched the special editions of its Scrambler 900 – the Street Scrambler 900 Sandstorm and the Scrambler 1200 – the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen edition in India. These are the second special editions that Triumph has brought to India following the Street Twin Gold line, launched earlier in April. With the launch of the special edition Scramblers, the Bonneville family in India now offers three special editions for customers to choose from.
- Only 1000 units of the Steve McQueen edition are available worldwide
- The Street Scrambler 900 Sandstorm is a limited run motorcycle with even more rugged Scrambler detailing
- Only 775 units of the Scrambler Sandstorm are available worldwide
- Street Scrambler 900 Sandstorm is priced at INR 9,65,000 ex-showroom
- Scrambler 1200 Steven McQueen is priced at INR 13,75,000 ex-showroom
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Shoeb Farooq, Business Head – Triumph Motorcycles India said: “We’ve glad to bring the Steve McQueen and Sandstorm edition Scramblers to India. These motorcycles have a legacy – especially the Steve McQueen edition. Given that it is based on the all-new Scrambler 1200 XE, further adds to the appeal of the motorcycles, as these will be the only XE variants to come to Indian shores this year.”
He further added: “Special editions always work well. They impart a sense of exclusivity to the owner, enabling them to stand apart from the crowd, in addition to getting added features on the motorcycles. Both the Scrambler Special editions deliver well on power and performance and come with a host of additional features that set them apart from their regular variants. We will be giving specially signed ‘Special edition’ certificates as well to all the special edition owners, further adding to the exclusivity of owning these motorcycles.”