- Ola has announced the launch of Ola S1, the first in its range of electric two wheelers.
- The Ola S1 is designed and engineered in India for the world and will deliver the best scooter experience to the consumers.
- Available in 2 variants – S1 and S1 Pro, in 10 stunning colours with satin, matte and glossy finishes.
- It stands out in beautiful colors, iconic twin headlamps, ergonomic and fluidic body, superior alloy wheels, sculpted seating and the largest boot space that fits 2 helmets comfortably.
- The scooter inspires range confidence with an industry-leading range of up to 181 Km, acceleration of 0-40 kmph in 3 seconds, and a top speed of 115 kmph.
- Hyperdrive motor: Designed and perfected in-house, the 8.5 kW motor is the most powerful in the industry, has a high thermal efficiency, unparalleled peak power and torque.
- Battery: Setting the industry benchmark, the 3.97 kWh battery packs enough power for a range of 181 km in a single charge. Our proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) works actively to monitor the battery for optimal durability, performance, range and safety.
- Vehicle Control Unit : Designed and engineered by Ola, the smart VCU gives the best in class performance with an Octa-core processor, 3 GB of RAM and high-speed connectivity through 4G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Advanced HMI: Powered by a multi-microphone array and AI speech recognition algorithms built in-house, it comes with one of the sharpest, brightest 7-inch touchscreen displays seen in a scooter.
- Proximity unlock enables an advanced keyless experience as smart onboard sensors communicate with your phone that lets you be key free and worry free by unlocking your scooter when you are in range and automatically locking it as you leave.
- The scooters also come with voice recognition that enables you to complete your key tasks quickly without having to bother with navigating the menu.
- Ola Moods: Powered by proprietary operating system MoveOS, Ola Moods will radically change the ride experience including the look & feel of the display and even how the scooter sounds. Being the most silent scooters in the industry, Ola S1 offers a unique, customised vehicle sound experience played out through integrated speakers. Here are the different Moods of Ola Series S
- Bolt: Designed for those who love speed! It puts the speed and power right at the center.
Care: The tree of your choice will grow as much as the CO2 you’re saving every day by riding with the S1.
Vintage: Inspired from the heritage of finest craftsmanship, this is how the Ola S1 would have looked in the ‘50s.
Wonder: A pure sci-fi experience. With the sound to match!
- Safety & security features include an anti-theft alert system and geo fencing. The front and rear disc brakes keep the rider safe in city stop & go traffic, while ‘Hill Hold’ feature makes navigating inclines easy.
- Price: Ola S1 starts at Rs 99,999 not including state govt incentives, registration and insurance
Ola has introduced a lot of safety features which are rare in the two wheeler segment. Ola S1 has an anti theft alert system, geo fencing, and a battery which is flame retardant and water & dust resistant. It also has front and rear disc brakes and ‘Hill Hold’ feature which makes riding in traffic and navigating inclines easy.
The 110/70 R12 tyres, rear mono-shock suspension and front single fork suspension leads to much superior road grip and riding experience. It has a cruise mode that makes riding comfortable and convenient and a reverse mode that makes it easy to park and exit tight spaces.
With a robust grab rail for safety, a side step and sculpted seating, pillion riders too will love how comfortable their ride will be. The scooters also come with voice recognition that enables you to complete your key tasks quickly without having to bother with navigating the menu.
In states with active subsidy grants, Ola S1 will be much more affordable than many petrol scooters. For instance, after state subsidy in Delhi, the S1 would cost just Rs 85,009 whereas in Gujarat it would be only Rs 79,000. Ola has also tied up with banks and financial institutes for an EMI plan starting at Rs 2,999.
Purchase officially opens from 8th September 2021, and with delivery across 1000 cities and towns in October. Till then, Ola S1 is available for reservation at just INR 499.