TVS Motor Company has announced the winners of the Co-Creation contest TVS NTORQ 125 Call of Design Season 2. Mr Aayush Bijalwan from School of Design, UPES (Dehradun) was declared the winner for his rendition of the SuperNTORQ. He received a TVS NTORQ 125 and a cash prize of Rs. 30,000. Mr Abishek Chellapandiyan from Strate School of Design (Bengaluru) bagged the first runner-up position, followed by Mr Arsh Riyaz Maknojia from MIT Institute of Design (Pune) as the second runner-up.
TVS NTORQ 125, India’s first connected scooter, has built a strong community – encompassing customers (NTORQians) and auto enthusiasts. In 2019, the brand decided to take the ‘Community’ engagement beyond ‘Conversations’ by establishing ‘Connections’ which open doors to ‘Co-Creation’. In Season 1 of the TVS NTORQ 125 Call of Design contest, we received an overwhelming participation from over 400 students from various reputed design institutes and automobile enthusiasts across the country. Celebrating the scooter’s strong design language, participants had created their rendition of the TVS NTORQ as a ‘Race Machine’.
TVS NTORQ 125 Call of Design Season 2 kick-started in August 2020 and received over 600 registrations from over 35 prestigious design institutes and 30 media professionals across the country. All the participants were provided with a unique comic book theme ‘Rise of Ntorqians’ for them to create 2D renditions and sketches of their SuperNTORQ. The esteemed Jury shortlisted the entries of both media and students by evaluating adherence to the comic book theme, futuristic concept, innovation and resonance with a Super Machine. Finally, the overall execution had to create a synergy with the vision of TVS NTORQ 125 and DNA of TVS Racing.
In the Media Category, ‘Outstanding Design’ was awarded to four exemplary entries of Bilal Firfiray from Bikewale, Gaurav Sadanand from Zigwheels, Shoeb Kalania from Indian Autos Blog and Oberdan Bezzi (Representing Motoroids). The Viewer’s Choice award saw 15 designs go up for voting on TVS NTORQ 125’s social media channels. Mr Arsh Riyaz Maknojia from MIT Institute of Design (Pune) received overwhelming response from the NTORQians and bagged the ‘Viewer’s Choice’ Award.
- Winner – Aayush Bijalwan from School Of Design, UPES
- First Runner-Up – Abishek Chellapandiyan from Strate School of Design
- Second Runner-Up – Arsh Riyaz Maknojia from MIT Institute of Design
Arsh Riyaz Maknojia from MIT Institute of Design
MEDIA CATEGORY: Outstanding Design
- Bilal Firfiray from Bikewale
- Gaurav Sadanand from Zigwheels
- Oberdan Bezzi (Representing Motoroids)
- Shoeb Kalania from IAB
- Mr. Elias Abraham, Senior Vice President – Style and Design, R&D, TVS Motor Company
- Mr. Varghese M Thomas, Vice President – Corporate Communication, TVS Motor Company
- Mr. Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) – Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company
- Mr. Amit Rajwade, Head – Scooter Design, R&D, TVS Motor Company