Honda India today made a grand entry into the 180-200cc motorcycle segment with it’s all new Hornet 2.0. Conceived as a Street Fighter with a range of new features, the Hornet 2.0 definitely looks the part.
Honda Hornet 2.0 key features
- Revised 184.cc engine with 17.26 Ps and 16.1 Nm
- Golden Upside Down (USD) front fork – a first in sub 200cc segment
- Fully Digital Negative Liquid Crystal Meter displays advanced information
- Dual, Petal Disc Brakes with single channel ABS for utmost sense of control
- Engine Stop Switch for convenience during brief stops
- Wider tubeless tyres (Front–110 mm & Rear-140 mm)
- Hazard Switch for emergency stops in low visibility condition
- Special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty)
- Attractively priced at Rs. 1,26,345 ex-showroom
- 4 colour options
The new Hornet 2.0 is developed with 6 new patent applications. It is equipped with Dual (front and back), Petal Disc Brakes with single channel ABS. Golden Upside Down (USD) front fork – a first in sub 200cc segment adds a lot of front end stability and glamour to this new Hornet.
An Engine Stop Switch finally comes on a small capacity Honda and adds the convenience of turning-off the engine with flick of a switch. Also added is the Hazard Switch feature.
The Fully Digital Negative Liquid Crystal Meter displays information like Gear Position Indicator, Service Due Indicator, Battery Voltmeter and comes with customizable brightness (can be adjusted manually up to 5 levels). It also comes with Sealed Chain which needs less frequent adjustments and low maintenance cost.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 is powered by a Bharat Stage VI compliant higher capacity 184.4 cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine. PGM-Fi system uses 8 onboard sensors to constantly inject optimum fuel and air mixture to provide greater performance and superior efficiency.
Honda says it offers strong acceleration and quick response with class-leading mid-range torque. Smooth power delivery is expected with the addition of a roller rocker arm which helps in reduction of friction losses. The new engine also comes equipped with a piston cooling jet that acts as heat absorbent hence improving engine thermal efficiency and giving a superior fuel efficiency.
Lighting all-around is LEDs with LED headlamp with position lamp and LED winkers and X-Shaped LED tail lamp.
Colour options on the the new Hornet 2.0 include – Pearl Igneous Black, Matte Sangria Red Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic and Matte Marvel Blue Metallic.
Honda Hornet 2.0 key specifications
- Gets engine kill switch
- 184.4 cc single cylinder
- 142 kg
- Seat height 790 mm
- 17.26 PS @ 8,500 RPM
- 16.1 Nm @ 6,000 RPM
- Fuel injected
- 5 gear
- Single channel ABS
- USD forks
- LED lights all round