Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. has launched BS6 ready Shine motorcycle. The next generation of Shine is attractively priced starting at – Rs. 67,857 (ex-showroom Delhi). As another industry first, Honda is also offering a special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on Shine BSVI. Shine BSVI will be available in two variants (Drum & Disc) and will be offered in 4 color options – Black, Geny Grey Metallic, Rebel Red Metallic & Athletic Blue Metallic.
At the heart of Shine BSVI ticks Bharat Stage VI compliant Honda’s trusted 125cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine, boosted by Enhanced Smart Power (eSP).
Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) is an integration of the following:
- Unique Honda ACG Starter: It starts engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate current and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus, there are no gear meshing noises. Two mechanical features lead to engine start with less effort – the first being efficient utilization of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves (at the beginning of compression stroke) and Swing Back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction, which allows the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): The system uses sensors to constantly inject optimum fuel and air mixture which aids consistent power output, high fuel efficiency & less emissions. The Start Solenoid, acting as an automatic choke system ensures rich air fuel mixture and provides the convenience of one time start at any point of time.
- Friction Reduction: The offset cylinder and use of roller rocker arm with needle bearing further reduces the frictional loss which not only helps in smooth and better power output, but also improves fuel efficiency. The piston cooling jet improves cooling efficiency & maintains optimum engine temperature.
- Mileage-up: The all new Shine BSVI is 14% more fuel efficient due to a completely new 125cc HET engine powered by globally acclaimed eSP technology.
- HET tubeless tyre (Low Rolling Resistance tyre): Shine BSVI comes fitted with rear HET Tyre (Low Rolling Resistance tyre). Developed with a new tyre compound technology, it reduces energy loss while maintaining optimum grip.
- DC headlamp provides constant illumination without fluctuation which makes riding over rough roads & low speeds during night more convenient.
- Engine Start/Stop Switch: The two-way functioning switch can be used to start the engine when pressed downwards and acts as an engine kill switch when pressed upward.
- Integrated Headlamp beam & passing switch: It provides the convenience of controlling high beam/low beam & passing signal from one single switch.
- The 5 step adjustable rear suspension can be adjusted as per road conditions for a smoother ride. It also comes with seal chain which needs less frequent adjustments and low maintenance. Making every ride on next generation Shine BSVI comfortable and convenient, is the Combi-Brake System (CBS) with equalizer.
- Increased ground clearance (+5mm) inspires rider confidence and comfort.
- Longer wheelbase (+19mm) improves overall stability and balance.
- A longer seat (+27mm) with a smooth integration with the fuel tank provides ample space for comfortable long distance travel.
Speaking on the launch of next generation Shine BSVI, Mr. Minoru Kato, President, CEO & Managing Director, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Leading the next era of transformation, Honda has already delighted more than 2.5 Lac customers with its advanced BSVI models. We are overwhelmed with the love and support given by our customers & media. Today, as we launch the next generation Shine BSVI, I am confident, it will unleash another “Quiet Revolution” in 125cc motorcycle segment and further strengthen our business expansion in India.”
Presenting the all new Honda Shine BSVI, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “The success of Shine is a testimony of trust and belief of more than 8 million happy customers in the product. With Honda’s superior technology, 5-speed transmission and new features, Shine BSVI offers 14% more fuel efficiency. The Shine BSVI shall start arriving at our network towards the end of February 2020.”