Triumph Motorcycles has launched its popular performance street motorcycle – the 2020 Street Triple RS today. The new Street Triple RS gets a major step up in performance from a significant engine update developed by Triumph’s Moto2 engine team. It features an all new more aggressive styling, and has been designed to set the new category benchmark for capability and handling, making this the ultimate performance street bike.
For 2020, the new Street Triple RS has been designed to set the benchmark all over again with a major step up in performance, much more aggressive attitude and even better ride-enhancing technology. Combined with its trademark agile, dynamic handling, and high specification suspension, brakes and tyres, the new Street Triple RS is perfect for the street and the track.
2020 Triumph Street Triple RS key highlights
- Significant Euro 5/BS6 update to the 765cc triple engine, developed by Triumph’s Moto2 engine team
- More peak torque, at 79 Nm at 9,350 rpm, plus 9% higher mid-range torque
- 166 kg dry
- 9% more mid-range power, peaking at 123 PS at 11,750 rpm
- More responsive throttle
- New freer flowing silencer delivering a crisper, more distinctive sound
- Seat height 840 mm
- Smooth, refined gearbox, with slip and assist clutch
- New distinctive and striking twin LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights
- New sporty, angular bodywork in contemporary new colours
- New style silencer with premium carbon fibre finisher
- Enhanced finish and detailing across the whole motorcycle, including new mirrors, new branded handlebar clamp and new Titanium Silver main frame
- Interchangeable seat cowl and pillion seat, with enhanced ergonomics
- Enhanced TFT functionality including new style graphics
- MyTriumph connectivity system enabled, delivering GoPro interaction,
turn-by-turn navigation and music and phone operation
- New Triumph Shift Assist, up and down quickshifter
- Five improved riding modes: Road, Rain, Sport, Track, and Rider configurable
- Incredible high level of standard specification
- The lightest bike in class
- Incredible power-to-weight ratio
- Globally renowned agile, dynamic and exhilarating handling
- Premium standard of specification and equipment, including Brembo M50 brakes, fully adjustable Öhlins suspension and Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V3 tyres.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Shoeb Farooq, GM Triumph Motorcycles India said: “The Street Triple RS was a game-changing and category-defining motorcycle when it made its global debut back in 2007. In the journey of bettering itself, the Street Triple RS went through a host of technological advancements and the 2020 Street Triple RS reiterates Triumph’s commitment of bringing in class leading technology, exemplary performance, specification, build-quality and design to deliver extraordinary machines. The 2020 Street Triple RS is equipped with a host of premium and the best-in-class components that make it the ultimate street motorcycle and a potent track weapon”.
He further added, “These are difficult and unprecedented times given the impact of the pandemic and the top priority at this point is staying home, staying safe and practice social distancing. As the country prepares to open up in a phased manner, we believe the digital launch of the all new Street Triple RS will bring in the much required excitement into the market and among motorcyclists.”