The Panigale V4 stripped of the fairings, with a high and wide handlebar, 178 kg on the scale, powered by 1100 cc Desmosedici Stradale delivering 208 HP at 12,750 RPM and 123 Nm at 11,500 RPM, kept in hand by biplane wings and a complete electronic package, this is the “Fight Formula” that gives life to the Streetfighter V4. The result is a modern and technological naked bike with an aggressive and emotional design, which does nothing to hide its high performances.
The minimalist full-LED headlight captures the spirit of the Streetfighter V4 perfectly: recalling the front of the Panigale V4, it also evokes the grin of the Joker (the comic strip character from which the designer of the new naked drew inspiration). True Ducati design is also evident in the V-shaped DRL, already
featured on the Panigale V4 and SuperSport.
On the Streetfighter, the Front Frame and Desmosedici Stradale engine take centre-stage. Only partially screened by superstructures that have been cut to a bare minimum, their sharp lines create a clean, essential whole. The low, lunging front end flows out from the tank, giving the Streetfighter the look of a
predator coiled for the pounce.
In keeping with streetfighter culture, the clip-on handlebars have been replaced with a high, wide bar that, together with a moderated footpeg position, make the riding position sporty yet agile, perfect for ripping up the road.
Such powerful design demands a powerful engine, and the 1103 cc Desmosedici Stradale 208 HP fits the bill: for a naked, it packs an impressive punch, yet dedicated engine mapping lets the rider control the power with confidence. The engine – combined with a kerb weight of 178 kg (of the “S” version) – takes the power/weight ratio to 1.17. Performance can be further improved by mounting the full-racing Ducati Performance exhaust by Akrapovič, which boosts power to 220 HP and educes weight by 6 kg.
Feisty Streetfighter V4 performance is kept under control by sophisticated electronics lifted directly from the Panigale V4 and the ‘biplane’ wings developed by Ducati Corse aerodynamicists.
Brought forward to maximise their effect, the wings generate 28 kg of downforce at 270 kph, attenuating front wheel ‘floating’ at high speed and the tendency to wheel-up. They also boost stability during braking at the turn-in point and through the corner. On the road, this dynamic behaviour instils confidence. On the track, instead, it boosts performance by limiting electronic control intervention and allowing delayed braking.
The latest-generation electronics package on the Streetfighter V4 is based on a 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) which instantly detects the bike’s roll, yaw and pitch angles. The electronics oversee every part of the ride: some controls manage start, acceleration and braking, others handlebtraction, while some lend a helping hand on corners and out-of-the-corner stretches.
An S version of the Streetfighter V4 is also available. This features Marchesini forged wheels and Öhlins electrically controlled suspension (43 mm NIX30 forks and TTX36 monoshock) and steering damper. The latter use the second-generation Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 system which, in addition to making full use of the IMU 6D, provides a more rider-friendly interface.
Ducati Streetfighter V4
Colour options: Ducati Red with dark grey frame and black wheels
- 1103 cc Desmosedici Stradale engine
- Front frame
- 16-litre aluminium tank with under-seat extension
- Fully adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston Fork (BPF)
- Fully adjustable Sachs monoshock
- Sachs steering damper
- Braking system with Brembo Stylema® monobloc calipers
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II tyres (rear 200/60)
- ‘Biplane’ wing configuration
- Latest-generation electronics package with 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU): ABS Cornering EVO; Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO 2; Ducati Slide Control (DSC); Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO; Ducati Power Launch (DPL); Ducati Quick Shift up/down (DQS) EVO 2; Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO
- Keys for fast level changes
- Full-TFT 5” screen
- Riding Modes (Race, Sport, Street)
- Full-LED headlight with DRL
- Two-seater configuration
- Ready for Ducati Data Analyser+ GPS (DDA+ GPS) and Ducati multimedia System (DMS)
Ducati Streetfighter V4 S features
Colour option: Ducati Red with dark grey frame and black wheels
Standard equipment – as per Streetfighter V4 except for:
- Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES) EVO
- Öhlins NIX-30 forks with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 control system
- Öhlins TTX 36 shock absorber with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 control system
- Öhlins steering damper with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 control system
- Forged aluminium Marchesini wheels
[…] today announced the launch of the much awaited Streetfighter V4 and V4 S (detailed look), which is also the first all new BS6 Ducati to be launched in India. Based on the ‘Fight […]