With the new Dynamic Roadster BMW F 900 R and the BMW F 900 XR in the Adventure Sport segment, BMW Motorrad is further expanding its product range for the popular mid-range. Both models offer sporty riding fun, straightforward handling and a unique range of equipment options, packaged to offer attractive value for money. Based on a powerful shared backbone, the two models differ significantly in terms of character and positioning.
In the new BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR, enhanced riding dynamics are ensured by the further development of the 2-cylinder in-line engine first introduced in 2018 in the F 850 GS, now with 77 kW (105 hp) and an even fuller torque curve. The main factor here is an increase in capacity to 895 cc (previously 853 cc). With an ignition distance of 270/450 degrees and a new underfloor silencer system, the engine offers a particularly emotional sound.
In addition to the standard anti-hopping clutch, the new F 900 R and F 900 XR can be fitted with engine drag torque control (MSR) for the first time. It prevents the rear wheel from slipping as a result of abrupt throttling or downshifting, thereby ensuring even greater safety.
These also offer the “Rain” and “Road” riding modes as standard. The standard trim also includes ABS and ASC Automatic Stability Control, which is disengageable.
With “Riding Modes Pro” as an ex works option, the sporty characteristics of the new F 900 R and F 900 XR can be experienced even more intensively. The additional riding modes “Dynamic” and “Dynamic Pro”, Dynamic Traction Control DTC and banking capable ABS Pro are available, along with Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and the new engine drag torque control (MSR).
Highlights of the new BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR
• The new BMW F 900 R: the dynamic roadster for purist riding fun.
• The new BMW F 900 XR: a genuine “XR” for the mid-range.
• The powerful common backbone integrates the further developed
2-cylinder in-line engine with an increased capacity of 895 cc
(previously 853 cc).
• Further enhanced output and torque: 77 kW (105 hp) at 8,750 rpm and 92 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
• More than 87 Nm torque in the relevant lower speed range from 4 500 to 8 500 rpm.
• 35 kW (48 hp) version available for licence class A2 (EU region).
• High level of running smoothness due to two opposed counterbalance shafts.
• Two riding modes “Rain” and “Road” as well as ABS and ASC as standard.
• Riding Modes Pro with two further riding modes as well as Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), ABS Pro, Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and engine drag torque control (MSR) as ex works options.
• Steel bridge frame for optimum rigidity, robustness and riding precision.
• Newly developed slim steel rear frame.
• World first in motorcycle construction: light, plastic-welded fuel tanks with a capacity of 13 litres (F 900 R) and 15.5 litres (F 900 XR).
• Front upside-down telescopic fork and aluminium double-sided swinging arm with rear central suspension strut.
• Spring travel: 135 mm (F 900 R) and 170 mm (F 900 XR) at front, 142 mm (F 900 R) and 172 mm (F 900 XR) at rear.
• Electronic suspension adjustment Dynamic ESA at rear as an ex works option.
• ABS Pro for even greater safety when braking at an angle as an ex works option.
• Sophisticated ergonomics and numerous seat alternatives.
• Fairing with practical wind and weather protection and adjustable windshield (F 900 XR).
• Adaptive Cornering Light unique in the mid-range as part of the ex works option Headlight Pro.
• Perfectly readable colour 6.5-inch TFT screen with BMW motorcycle connectivity as standard.
• Powerful LED lighting units all round as standard.
• Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for swift assistance in emergency situations.
• Keyless Ride for convenient activation of the locking functions by remote control as an ex works option.
• F 900 R in dynamic roadster design with muscular front section, aggressive headlight graphics and short, slim rear section.
• F 900 XR in Adventure Sport look with striking contours and sporty, dynamic fairing.
• High-quality workmanship down to the last detail.
• Three powerful colour and style variants each for unmistakable roadster and adventure sport characters.
• Extensive range of optional extras and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories as well as rider equipment.