If there is one thing that we love about the guys at KTM, it is the fact that they are constantly evolving. Just a few years back the 390 received a cosmetic overhaul with additions in refinement. And now these new images of an all new Duke 390 show us that they are now busy with a totally new version.
Changes we can spot are:
- New swing-arm (mostly prototype)
- New frame – also seems to be wider
- Looks like larger 43 mm forks with more travel
- New TFT display at front (similar to one on the 790)
- Larger overall dimensions – wheelbase etc
- Revised rider triangle – more comfortable arm positions
- Redesigned tail section and tail light (new LED design)
- Redesigned exhaust pipe possibly suggesting changes in engine as well
- Larger catalytic converter
- Also expected are premium electronics such as riding modes and cornering ABS
How soon can we expect to see this launched? Well, looking at the development stage in the photographs, it seems clear that a lot of final production parts are yet to be finalised. So hopes of it being a 2020 bike are low. We expect the all new Duke 390 and possibly the entire small Duke line up to be ready by mid next year.
But first and foremost we are expecting the new KTM 390 Adventure to be unveiled early October at the Intermot or at the EICMA in November.