The new Aprilia RSV4 RR is the natural evolution of a revolutionary project which has successfully dominated World SBK, with 7 world titles won in 6 years, establishing itself as the best superbike of all times. Aprilia RSV4 is a global reference point for sportiness and performance, the best example of what can be achieved by exploiting the valuable experience of a victorious Racing Department like Aprilia’s which, in its brief history has taken 54 championship titles. Skills honed on the track and transferred to the factory product to give advanced users the same excitement as the motorbikes prepared by Aprilia Racing for global competitions.
Unrivalled for its brilliant design and applied technology, the Aprilia RSV4 was conceived around a 65° V4 engine that had never before been seen on a factory sport bike, a frame which is the heir to a dynasty that won 18 titles and 143 Grand Prix races in the 250 GP class, enhanced by the most modern electronics systems applied to managing the engine and the bike dynamics. A genuine vocation of Aprilia which led it to be the first manufacturer to adopt Ride-by-wire as standard equipment, the multimap power output system, but above all the first to patent the aPRC dynamic controls platform with the exclusive self-calibration and wheelie control features.
The goal of the efforts made at Noale to create the new RSV4 RR was the same one that has set the RSV4 apart from the very first version in 2009: to be the absolute best uncompromising superbike, the street bike that comes the closest to being a real racing bike in terms of performance and effectiveness. Aprilia RSV4 RR is equipped with all the electronic and technical refinements that a rider could want, with the possibility of making a further and definitive upgrade by choosing the “Race Pack”, which includes exclusive aluminium forged rims and professional Öhlins suspension.
To celebrate the arrival of the new king of superbikes, Aprilia is also offering a limited edition version – the RSV4 RF – characterised by a dedicated livery and elements of the Race Pack included as standard equipment.
Aprilia RSV4 RR represents a top shelf technical platform, ready to provide the rider with a “race replica” performance and feeling. As standard equipment it also has all of those features which only the Factory version RSV4 had previously, such as magnesium external housings, oil sump and head covers, a wide range of chassis adjustments and the variable setting intake ducts. Aprilia RSV4 RR is available in two attractive colour schemes, both matte, on a black and grey base (Bucine gray and black Ascari) and a “Race Pack” is also available that includes lightweight forged aluminium wheel rims and more sophisticated Öhlins suspension (shock absorbers, fork and steering damper). To celebrate the arrival of the new RSV4, Aprilia is also offering a limited edition of 500 numbered units called the RSV4 RF, which comes standard with the Race Pack, as well as a dedicated graphic called “Superpole”.
2015 Aprilia RSV4 RR specifications
- Engine type: Aprilia longitudinal 65° V4 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled engine with dual overhead cam (DOHC) and four valves per cylinder.
- Fuel: Unleaded Petrol
- Bore and stroke 78 x 52.3 mm
- Total engine capacity: 999.6 cc
- Compression ratio 13.6:1
- Maximum power: 201 HP (148 kW) at 13,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 115 Nm at 10.500 rpm
- Fuel system: Airbox with front dynamic air intakes. Variable-height intake ducts controlled by engine control unit; 4 Marelli 48 mm throttle bodies with 8 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire technology.
- Choice of three different engine maps selectable by the rider with bike in motion: T (Track), S (Sport), R (Race).
- Ignition: Magneti Marelli digital electronic ignition system integrated in engine control system, with one spark plug per cylinder and “stick-coil”-type coils.
- Starting: Electrical
- Exhaust: 4 into 2 into 1 layout, two oxygen sensors, lateral single silencer with ECU-controlled bypass valve and integrated trivalent catalytic converter (Euro 3)
- Alternator: Flywheel mounted 450 W alternator with rare earth magnets
- Lubrication: Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling)
- Gearbox: 6-speed cassette type gearbox
- 1st: 39/15 (2.600)
2nd: 33/16 (2.063)
3rd: 34/20 (1.700)
4th: 31/21 (1.476)
5th: 31/23 (1.348)
6th: 34/27 (1.259)
- Gear lever with Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (aQS)
- Clutch: Multi-disc oil-bath, with mechanical slipper system
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1.659)
- Secondary drive Chain: Drive ratio: 41/16 (2.5625)
- Traction management aPRC System (Aprilia Performance Ride Control), which includes Traction Control (aTC), Wheelie Control (aWC), Launch Control (aLC), all of which can be
configured and deactivated independently.
- Frame: Aluminium dual beam chassis with pressed and cast
- Envisaged adjustments:
• headstock position and rake
• engine height
• swingarm pin height
- Non adjustable Sachs steering damper
- Front suspension: Sachs Fork with 43 mm∅ stanchions; [Öhlins Racing Fork with TIN surface treatment]. Low profile forged aluminium radial calliper mounting bracket. Adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping.
- Wheel travel: 120 mm
- Rear suspension: Double braced aluminium swingarm; mixed low thickness and sheet casting technology.Sachs monoshock adjustable in: hydraulic in rebound and compression, spring preload, wheelbase length. APS progressive linkages.
- Wheel travel: 130 mm
- Brakes Front: Dual 320-mm diameter floating stainless steel disc with lightweight stainless steel rotor and aluminium flange with 6 pins. Brembo M430 monobloc radial callipers with 4 ∅ 30 mm opposing pistons.Sintered pads.Radial pump and metal braided brake hose
- Rear: 220 mm diameter disc; Brembo calliper with two ∅ 32 mm separate pistons. Sintered pads. Pump with integrated tank and metal braided hose
- Bosch 9MP ABS, adjustable to 3 maps equipped with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation) (can be disabled).
- Wheel rims: Aprilia aluminium alloy rims with 3 split spokes.
- Front: 3.5”X17”
- Rear: 6”X17”
- Tyres: Radial tubeless
- Front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear: 200/55 ZR 17
- Dry weight 180 kg
- Fuel tank 18.5 litres (4-litre reserve included)