Breaking the mystery behind the specifications of the Hero Hastur that was presented at the Auto Expo 2014, we now have got hold of the full specification sheet of the concept bike. A 0 to 100 kmph time of 3.8 seconds puts it in superbike league and a weight of 160 kg is going to make it all the more interesting. Cant wait to see what the production version will be like.
Hero Hastur key highlights
- Aggressively modern street fighter styling.
- Explosive power delivery of 80 PS comes from a new and very compact power plant, a unique over-square parallel twin.
- Counter rotating crankshaft that improves handling quickness.
- Cartridge type transmission efficient power transfer and better fuel economy.
- Advanced cylinder head with controlled swirl injection (CSI) technology which provides super rideability, increased fuel mileage and reduced emissions.
- Trellis steel tube frame with removable rear aluminium sub frame for lightweight and strength.
- Engine serves as a stressed member of the chassis for optimum mass centralization.
- Twin projector beam headlights with LED running lights, integrated LED winkers, LED tail light.
Hero Hastur Technical Specifications
|Type||Liquid cooled 4 stroke DOHC 4 valve parallel twin, CSI combustion.|
|Max Power||80 PS (78.8 HP)@ 9600 rpm|
|Max Torque||72 Nm @ 7750 rpm|
|Type||6-speed constant mesh, layshaft type|
|Front||43mm Inverted Fork, Adjustable|
|Rear||Adjustable coil over monoshock|
|Wheels & Tyres|
|Wheel Type||Cast aluminum|
|Tyre Type||Pirelli Diablo Rosso II|
|Wheel/Tyre Size||3.5 x 17 (Front), 5.5 x 17 (Rear)|
|Front||Dual 4 Piston Radial Calipers, Dual 300mm Rotors|
|Rear||Hydraulic Single Piston Caliper, 220mm Rotor|
|Battery||Li-ion, 13.2 V|
|Usable Reserve||2 Liters|
|Top Speed||240 kph|
|0-100 kph||3.8 seconds|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Kerb Weight||160 Kg (Wet)|