The brand new 2015 Ducati Diavel has made its first public appearance at a special preview presentation in Geneva, during the prestigious Volkswagen Group Night. On the eve of the 84th edition of the International Motor Show of Geneva (running from 6-16 March), Claudio Domenicali (CEO of Ducati Motor Holding) personally unveiled the new 2015 Ducati Diavel on stage during the important evening, providing a stunning preview of the latest machine to join the Ducati range.
Having introduced its new range of models at the Milan International EICMA Motorcycle Show in November 2013, Ducati’s latest presentation of the new Diavel now successfully achieves the company’s industrial development plan, which had promised one completely new model (the Monster 1200) and three ‘family-extension’ models: the 899 Panigale, the exclusive 1199 “Superleggera” and now the new Diavel. Ducati now presents further enhancement of its sport cruiser model, featuring the latest version of the Testastretta 11° DS engine, a new exhaust system and latest technological elements such as the new full-LED headlight, all combining the powerful and assertive personality of the model with the sophisticated styling synonymous with the iconic Ducati brand. The new Diavel follows the company’s “Performance Redefined” philosophy, using cutting-edge innovation and technology to provide a smoother, safer and more rider-friendly experience, enabling easier access for the ever-increasing number of people who desire the unique thrill of riding a Ducati.
The new 2015 Ducati Diavel remains in a class of its own, unique, innovative and bold and a benchmark that continues to attract motorcyclists around the world. Built to have a commanding presence, though lightweight and agile in typical Ducati style, the new Diavel takes the rider/motorcycle relationship to another level in absolute comfort. For connoisseurs of technology, the latest generation Testastretta 11° Dual Spark engine combines with full LED illumination, ABS, Ducati Traction Control and Ducati Riding Modes to deliver a confidence-inspiring superiority, while new styling, 162 HP and 205 kg (452lb) of pure Ducati drives a comfortable sport lifestyle. Merging the worlds of power and style is now achieved with convincing precision. A specially engineered 240 section rear tyre combined with Ducati chassis technology serves up mind-blowing handling and lean angles which defy the laws of physics, whether carving through curves or simply cruising the boulevards.
The new 2015 Ducati Diavel is dressed in stylish Dark Stealth livery, a black trellis frame and black wheels. The Diavel Carbon offers the choice of traditional Ducati Red over Matte Carbon with red frame or the stunning new Star White over Matte Carbon with white frame, both with black, forged wheels by Marchesini, turned and milled to expose the natural aluminium. Both models will start to arrive in Ducati stores around the world from April 2014 on wards.
New 2015 Ducati Diavel specifications
- Engine Type: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 162hp (119kW) @ 9250 RPM
- Torque 96.2lb-ft (130.5Nm) @ 8000 RPM
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies with RbW.
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes and twin aluminium mufflers
- Emissions: Euro 3
- Transmission: Gearbox 6
- Chassis: Frame Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Wheelbase: 1590mm (62.6in)
- Rake: 28°
- Steering angle (total): 70°
- Front suspension: Marzocchi DLC coated 50 mm fully adjustable usd forks
- Front wheel travel: 120mm (4.7in)
- Front wheel: 14-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Sachs monoshock.
- Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel travel: 120mm (4.7in)
- Rear wheel: 14-spoke in light alloy 8.00 x 17
- Rear tyre: 240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Front brake: 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo callipers, 4-piston with ABS
- Rear brake: 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper with ABS
- Fuel tank capacity: 17l
- Dry weight: 210kg (463lb)
- Wet weight: 239kg (527lb)
- Seat height: 770 mm (30.3in)
- Max height: 1280 mm (50.4in)
- Max length 2257 mm (88.9in)
- Instrumentation: LCD + TFT
- Ducati electronics: DTC, Hands-Free, Riding Modes