Yamaha has just announced a new scooter for the European market named the D’elight. Now on first look it does not have the typical Yamaha sporty design. We are quite surprised to see a more classic design for this scooter, probably a design thought to take on the Vespa dominated market.
The Yamaha D’elight is a 114 cc scooter that uses YMJET-FI (Yamaha Mixture Jet-Fuel Injection) and produces 7.7 Nm of torque at 5.500 RPM. The engine is air cooled, it comes with a 180 mm front disc and weighs just 98 kgs. With that sort of weight it will for sure give a lot of the 125cc scooters in the European market a run for its money. Check out the main features below.
2014 Yamaha D’elight main features
- Well balanced, urban means of transport
- Body in retro style with modern technology
- High quality at an affordable price
- Compact body with an embedded low seat (755 mm)
- Excellent fuel economy, powerful acceleration
- 4-stroke, 1-cylinder engine with a capacity of 114 cm3, air cooled
- Storage space under the seat located open helmet
- Only 98 kg – the lightest in the class of scooter Yamaha
- 180 mm front disc brake
- 3-spoke, 12-inch alloy wheels
- Spacious, stitched, double seat
- Built-in indicators