Kawasaki has just announced its 2014 range and the one motorcycle that does get some substantial changes is the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS. There are some design changes in the bodywork for better aerodynamics and also to make it slightly lesser aggressive looking to jell better with its touring image. Its not a radical make over and you would probably would have difficulty telling the new from the previous version unless you knew what to look for. The Ninja 1000 now has a slightly slimmer profile at the rear to better accommodate the panniers. There are minor changes to the LCD display, a more relaxed position for the handle bars, the rear spring load can be adjusted via remote and better brakes at the front.
The engine receives some minor adjustments with the intake cams being changed for a better low end torque, there is also minor changes to the airbox. The 6th gear is now taller for a more relaxed cruising in top gear. What is really new on the bike is the traction control. The KTRC comes with 3 modes that can be used individually with the different power modes to maximize use in different conditions. Check out the 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS specifications below.
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS specifications
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Power: 140 HP (est)
- Displacement: 1,043 cc
- Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 56.0 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel injection: DFI® with four 38 mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: X-ring chain
- Rake / trail: 24.5 degrees / 4.0 in.
- Frame type: Aluminium backbone
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tire: 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 56.9 in.
- Front suspension/wheel travel: 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with step-less compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring pre-load / 4.7 in.
- Rear suspension/wheel travel: Horizontal mono-shock with step-less rebound damping, remotely adjustable spring pre-load / 5.4 in.
- Front brakes: Dual 300 mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston mono-bloc callipers and ABS
- Rear brake: Single 250 mm petal-type rotor with single-piston calliper, with ABS
- Overall length: 82.9 in.
- Overall width: 31.1 in.
- Overall height: (Windscreen DN/UP) 46.1/48.4 in.
- Seat height: 32.3 in.
- Curb weight: 509.4 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Colour choices: Candy Lime Green, Candy Cascade Blue.