The KTM Duke 390 ABS has finally been officially launched in India with a price of Rs. 1.8L ex-showroom Pune (introductory price). Bookings start tomorrow and will be available only in the white colour option that you see here as of now. The launch took place in Pune with Mr. Rajiv Bajaj – MD, Bajaj Auto Limited, unveiling the motorcycle for India. The Duke 390 will be available with ABS as standard. The Duke 390 will reach showrooms by June end and deliveries in about 90 days from booking date. The pricing in true Bajaj style is a superb deal and one that makes it affordable in terms of the power to price ratio, with anything in the similar power range costing almost double.
The Duke 390 will be the first Indian made motorcycle to breach the sub 6 second 0 to 100 kmph time. Mr. Amit Nandi (Vice President Probiking) was keen to stress on the fact that 90% of the engine parts are different from the Duke 200 and also that the Duke 390 has the best power to weight ratio in any class of motorcycles close by, with 300 ps/tonne. He also added that the KTM Superduke 1290 would come into India as a CBU for sale in the near future. Earlier KTM had kept the KTM RC8 R on display across many showrooms. Other details include the opening of a new showroom, Bangalore’s 5th at Marathalli.
The KTM Duke 390 is a motorcycle that has enough and more power to keep you engrossed and on your seats edge for a long time. The 44HP of power along with the super light body of the Duke 390 will take some getting used to, and for those graduating from smaller capacity machines the power will be a bit overwhelming at first but KTM have ensured that the Duke 390 is not an ‘throttle open wheelie machine’ and have made the power delivery smooth and linear. A complete detailed KTM Duke 390 review coming up soon from our side to get you some real world performance figures and on how it is to live with the KTM Duke 390. Check out the quick KTM Duke 390 specifications below along with more photographs from the launch here. Special thanks to our correspondent Sarayu Karnoor for bringing us all these details live and as it happened.
2013 KTM Duke 390 ABS specifications India
- Type: 373.2 CC single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled
- Power: 43.5PS (44HP)@ 9000 RPM
- Torque:35 NM @ 7000 RPM
- Fuel Intake: Bosch Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Transmission: 6 speed
- Frame: Steel Trellis frame
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down 150 mm travel
- Shock absorber: WP Monoshock 150 mm travel
- Brake system Front: 300 mm Disc brake with four-pot brake calliper
- Brake system Rear: 230 mm Disc brake with one-pot brake caliper, floating brake discs.
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4” (520) X-Ring
- Steering head angle: 65°
- Wheel base: 1,367±15 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 165 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 800 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 10.2 litres
- Weight without fuel approx.: 145 kg