We had informed you couple of days back that the Triumph Trophy 1200 was around the corner, and here it is. Triumph announced two models – the Triumph Trophy and the Triumph Trophy SE. Both models will be available in the market from September this year. The engine on the Trophy is the same as that on the Tiger Explorer, except for an overdrive in the 6th gear on the Trophy for touring. The accessory list is vast and endless and we have detailed it below along with the Trophy’s specifications.
Triumph Trophy 1200 specifications
Engine and transmission
- Engine: 1,215cc, three-cylinder four stroke. 12 valves, DOHC
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 71.4mm
- Fuelling: Ride-by-wire fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3-1
- Final drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate
- Gearbox: Constant mesh six-speed
- Oil capacity: Four litres
- Frame: Twin-spar aluminium beam
- Swing-arm: Single-sided cast aluminium with shaft drive
- Front wheel: Cast aluminium five-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear wheel: Cast aluminium five-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front tyre: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tyre: 190/55 ZR17
- Front forks: WP USD with 130mm of travel and manually adjustable rebound damping. SE: WP USD forks with 127mm of travel and electronically adjustable rebound damping sport/normal/comfort.
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock with remote oil reservoir, manually adjustable hydraulic pre-load, manually adjustable rebound damping and 120mm of travel. SE: WP monoshock with remote oil reservoir, electronically adjustable hydraulic pre-load (1up, 1up+luggage, 2up) electronically adjustable rebound damping (sport, normal, comfort) 120mm of travel.
- Front brake: Twin 320mm rotors, twin Nissin four-piston calipers. Linked system – Rear brake pedal partially applies front brakes. Non-switch-able ABS. Nissin 14mm master cylinder.
- Rear brake: Single 282mm disc, Nissin sliding twin-piston caliper. Non-switchable ABS.
- Instrument display: Analogue speedometer and tachometer with multi-function LCD display with ambient light-level compensation. LCD display is for trip info (x2) gear position, fuel gauge, distance to empty, service indicator, clock, ambient temp, frost warning and heated grips/seats display. Dash also features headlight adjustment, hazard warning button, cruise control function. TPMS status, TES status, audio functions.
Dimensions and capacities
- Length: 2,235mm (87.9in)
- Width: 975mm (38.4in)
- Height: 1,435mm (56.5in)
- Seat height: 800-820mm (31.5 — 32.3in)
- Wheelbase: 1,542mm (60.7in)
- Rake/trail: 27 degrees, 119mm
- Fuel tank: 26 litres (6.9 US gals)
- Weight: 301kgs (662lbs)
- Pannier capacity: 31 litres each (8.2 US gals)
- Pannier max load: 10kgs (22lbs)
- Max power: 134PS/132bhp/99KW @ 8,900RPM
- Max torque: 120Nm/89ft/lbs
Features and benefits
- Coded key immobiliser.
- Ride by wire throttle.
- Linked brakes.
- Non switch-able ABS.
- Electronically adjustable screen with memory function.
- Sealed, automatically locking storage binnacle with integrated 12V socket.
- Under-seat storage.
- Rider and pillion 12v sockets.
- Self-cancelling indicators with manual over-ride.
- Cruise control.
- Switch-able Traction Control — always default to ‘on’.
- Dedicated D-lock storage under seat.
- Quick release mountings for accessory tank bag.
- Dedicated sat-nav mounting point.
- Electronically adjustable headlamp.
- Centre stand.
- Audio system, TPMS, TES, 2x 20 Watt speakers with digital signal processing and three band (bass, mid, treble) equalisation with automatic volume control.
- USB port with flash drive and MP3 compatability.
- iPhone and iPod compatibility.
- FM/MW/AM radio with 15 presents per band.
- RDS functionality.
- TA capability.
- Auxiliary input to allow sat nav to be played through speakers.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR providing output to two headsets using A2DP profile.
- Incoming phone call support.
- Low voltage detection (automatic shut down to protect battery)