BMW Motorrad has recently launched the F800GT 2013, whereby completing its offerings in the sport-touring segment. The F800GT is the successor to the F800ST.
The new F800GT 2013 is powered by a 798cc twin-cylinder water-cooled mill. This engine is well known for its elasticity. The engine has been retuned to deliver an increased power of 66kW/90hp at 8000rpm. The F800GT also recieves a maintainance-free toothed belt secondary transmission which should provide a much increased drive force.
The ergonomics has been much improved, and the f800GT is provided with a full-fairing to protect against wind and weather. The handy luggage system makes the F800GT a true ‘Gran Turismo’. The new F800GT now comes standard with ABS. Also, the F800GT comes with an optional ASC(Automatic Stability Control) and ESA(Electronic Suspension Adjustment). The F800GT can also be equipped with the a sports exhaust Akrapovic slip-on type that ensures a particularly strong resonance of the cylinder. The construction is of titanium and stainless steel, which helps the bike weight 1.7 kilograms less than its other variants in the same series. The F800GT comes in ‘Valencia Orange’, ‘Dark Graphite’ and ‘Light White’ color variants.
The new BMW F800GT 2013 has in-turn set a new benchmark in the segment of middle-class motorcycles.
BMW F800GT key features
- Increased power than previous model. 66kW/90hp @8000rpm (F800ST: 62.5kW/85hp @8000rpm).
- New dynamic design with enhanced protection against wind and weather. New colors.
- BMW Motorrad ABS generation, now fitted as standard.
- ASC(Automatic Stability Control) (optional/original accessory).
- ESA(Electronic Suspension Adjustment) (optional).
- Convenient control of the preload back through a flyer.
- Optimization of the chassis at the level of driving stability and comfort.
- New wheels, lighter, more dynamic design.
- Ergonomic fit for added comfort while riding, touring handlebars mounted on higher platforms and re-positioned.
- Improved seating comfort for rider and passenger.
- New commands in instrumentation and new pot front brake fluid.
- New handlebar, cone-shaped, with insulation to reduce vibrations.
- Cockpit with new dials speedometer and tachometer and expansion of the information displayed.
- Increased load capacity of 11kgs to a total of 207kgs.
- New exhaust system with optimized protection for riders ankles.
- Indicators smoke gray.
- System rack developed from scratch (original accessory).
- New fixing system of the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV handlebar (original accessory).
- Power reduction to 35kW/48hp (optional/original accessory).