Following the overwhelming success of the Triumph Bonneville Bobber – the fastest selling motorcycle in Triumph’s 115-year history, the company has taken the model to new heights for the 2018 model year, with the darker, meaner and stronger Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black.
With imposing poise, distinguished presence and the iconic Bobber silhouette, the Bobber Black shares the Bobber’s low, muscular and minimalist stance – purposeful, distinctive, and stripped back. Featuring all the classic hallmarks of a Bobber, the Bobber Black’s single seat and hard tail look are teamed with wide flat bars for intuitive handling, minimal bodywork and sculpted Bonneville tank, minimal fenders with centre ridge, and authentic wire spoked wheels.
The Bobber Black features a host of fully blacked out details and finishes. These include:
- Black painted exhaust (silencers, headers and upper finned casting)
- Black anodised brake pedal and footrests
- Black anodised gear lever
- Black plated gear linkage
- Black anodised brake and clutch levers
- Black painted handlebars, with black anodised risers and clamps
- Black painted seat pan
- Black powder coated engine covers, cam cover and sprocket cover
- Black chrome plated headlight rim
- Black painted wheel hubs
2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black standard features include
- All-LED Lighting with Full LED Headlight with DRL
- Single Button Cruise Control
- Riding Modes
- Switchable Traction Control
- Contemporary switchable traction control, maximising rider safety and control.
- Torque Assist Clutch
Featuring the critically acclaimed 1200cc High Torque parallel twin engine with charismatic 270° firing interval and a dedicated Bobber tune which delivers category-leading torque and power low down the rev range:
- Peak torque of 106 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
- Peak power of 77 PS @ 6,100 rpm
The Bobber Black also has a new black painted twin skin straight line exhaust with twin ‘slash cut’ sawn-off black peashooter silencers and a hidden cat-con box. A dual chamber air box with twin filter design helps to deliver that rich and raw exhaust note and hot rod feel.
Carrying over all of the beautiful Bobber details, the Bobber Black boasts an authentic battery box with heritage-inspired cover and stainless steel strap, classic rear ‘drum brake’ inspired hub, rear mudguard loop, side-mounted ignition barrel, bar end mirrors and a premium branded locking fuel cap. Plus an exquisitely sculpted top yoke, carb-styled twin throttle bodies and gloss black bullet indicators.
Arriving in two alluring colour options, the Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black is available in either a classic gloss Jet Black or a stylish and contemporary Matt Jet Black.