Kawasaki India has just launched the Versys-X 300 in India. The Versys-X 300 is priced at INR 4,60,000 Ex-Showroom Mumbai and Delhi and is a CKD unit which means it will be assembled at the Chakan, Pune plant of India Kawasaki.
It is quite disappointing to see such a high pricing for a 300cc motorcycle even though it is a CKD. The Versys-X 300 surely is a good motorcycle and quite capable and sort of perfect for our conditions. Kawasaki India usually get their pricing spot on, but in this case the Versys-X 300 surely looks like it will remain a display model.
At 300cc, the Versys-X 300 is the smallest-displacement model in the touring category and the only model of its kind. The parallel twin engine is designed to produce smooth, torquey, power at low and medium rpm and powerful acceleration at high rpm.
Mr. Yutaka Yamashita, Managing Director of India Kawasaki Motors said – “The Versys-X 300 will offer a high level of riding excitement and rider confidence in a wide variety of roads. What makes Versys-X 300 versatile is comfortable highway cruising and easy riding in the city.”
The versatility is possible mainly because of long travel suspension, wide reach bars and a low seat, this aids the manoeuvrability of the twin cylinder machine. A noteworthy heat management technology promotes airflow when riding to help dissipate engine heat. Redirecting the air also helps to keep other parts cooler such as the tank and the frame for further increase in rider’s comfort.
The booking for Versys-X 300 is open.
Kawasaki Versys-X 300 image gallery
Kawasaki Versys-X 300 specifications
- Engine – Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke Parallel Twin
- Displacement – 296 cc
- Power – 29.3 kW (40 PS) @ 11,500 RPM
- Torque – 25.7 N.m @ 10,000 RPM
- Bore and Stroke – 62.0 x 49.0 mm
- Compression ratio – 10.6:1
- Valve system – DOHC, 8 valves
- Fuel system – Fuel injection: 32 mm x 2 with dual throttle valves
- Ignition – Digital
- Starting – Electric
- Lubrication – Forced lubrication, wet sump
- Transmission – 6-speed, return
- Final drive- Chain
- Clutch – Wet multi-disc, manual
- Front – 41 mm telescopic fork
- Rear shock – Bottom Link Uni-Trak, gas-charged shock and adjustable pre-load
- Front – Type Single 290 mm petal disc with ABS
- Rear – Type Single 220 mm petal disc with ABS